2011 Albums Of The Year

peoffrey said:
MCFC BOB said:
I've fallen out with Q Magazine; apparently Mylo Xyloto is the 5th best album of the year.

I'm amazed you liked it in the first place. Q is terrible. A chunky magazine for middle aged people who used to buy their music in Sainsbury's during the weekly shop. Admittedly, I read NME but it's largely for the gig guide, interviews and random shit.
Have you seen their Top 20 Songs of 2011? Basically, instead of putting the 20 best songs of 2011, they made a list that said 'we like mainstream music as well, just look at this list!' They had "Someone Like You" at #1. It's a good song, but really, the BEST of 2011?

MCFC BOB said:
peoffrey said:
MCFC BOB said:
I've fallen out with Q Magazine; apparently Mylo Xyloto is the 5th best album of the year.

I'm amazed you liked it in the first place. Q is terrible. A chunky magazine for middle aged people who used to buy their music in Sainsbury's during the weekly shop. Admittedly, I read NME but it's largely for the gig guide, interviews and random shit.
Have you seen their Top 20 Songs of 2011? Basically, instead of putting the 20 best songs of 2011, they made a list that said 'we like mainstream music as well, just look at this list!' They had "Someone Like You" at #1. It's a good song, but really, the BEST of 2011?

Crikey. Mind you, the printing press need to do anything to stay alive now.

Anyway, top few this year:
1) Suck It And See - Arctic Monkeys
2) A Different Kind Of Fix - Bombay Bicycle Club
3) The English Riviera - Metronomy
4) Hello Sadness - Los Campesinos!
5) Passive Me, Aggressive You - The Naked And Famous
6) Angles - The Strokes
7) Pala - Friendly Fires

my favourites of this year

freedom run - the rifles
endgame - rise against
ritual - white lies
what do you expect from the vaccines? - the vaccines
killer sounds - hard-fi
euphoric//heartbreak - glasvegas

I'd like to get to 10 pages plus to ensure a good selection is whittled down to Top 10. Any contributions welcomed and so is Tueartsboots.

I'd like to put in a late nomination for "Burst Apart" by The Antlers.

Quite possibly one of the best albums not just of this year, but of the 2010s so far. Joy Division, The Doors, Inspiral Carpets and even modern indie bands such as Foals and The xx can be heard in the instrumentation quite frequently, but there's a lovely moment on track 5 ("Rolled Together") when they break off from all of that and give us a lovely mix of Pink Floyd. "Corsicana" may remind people of Spiritualized on 'Ladies and Gentlemen..."

Superb album.

Drake - Take Care. - Great, great album. Enough said.

Kanye West/Jay-Z - Watch The Throne. - Great album, 2 geniuses coming together, Kanye West is my favourite artist, his confidence to change his whole style and make an album out of it (808s and Hertbreaks) was unbelievable.

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers. - Not the typical rap album, lyrics are about politics and even says that 9/11 was a cover up and internal.

Ed Sheeran - +. - Don't understand how people can dislike his music, it's old-school, people (/outsiders) presume it's rap but it's not.

LOW - c`mon

(to name one!)
this wasn t mentioned, as is new enough-if not heard check it out!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXgc0I0zsYs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBtJpVY7NkE&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grrsh7rGzv4&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.