2012 Team v Present Team

SWPISHOME

Seen a post which just got me thinking of how a game of these two sides would plan out, And you all reckon would come out on top :-)

Hart
Zabaleta
Lescott
Kompany
Kolarov
De Jong
Toure Yaya
David Silva
Nasri
Tevez
Aguero

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sane
Sterling
Aguero

Who would you fancy?

Last edited:
Seen a post which just got me thinking of how a game of these two sides would plan out, And you all reckon would come out on top :-)

Hart
Zabaleta
Lescott
Kompany
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Toure Yaya
David Silva
Nasri
Tevez
Aguero

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sane
Sterling
Aguero

Who would you fancy?
2012 Kompany, Zaba, Yaya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero better individually than any player in out current squad.

The current side on a good day would definitely beat the 11/12 side on a good day, although on a random given day the current side might be less than at 100% and then I'd favour the 2012 team.

The team of the previous two seasons would have made mugs of them.

If we didn’t have injuries to Laporte and Sane this team would be heading for 90 points plus again for the third year. So as thats’s more than the 2012 team got. The answer has to be this team.

Current side if you put the best XI out. I wouldn't start Fern or Sane as the OP did. I also think our squad depth is much better now - although we have one glaring problem which we know about.

Doesn't the points accrued by the current squad settle the argument?

I think City fans are looking at this side with a glaring weakness at centre back and forgetting the impact of repairing that. Unlike others I don't see why Laporte and Stones can't recapture last seasons form. I am hopeful they will.

You should all be supporting Stones, not seeking to bury him for he has proven to be a top defender and has it in him. He needs to get fit and get his confidence back.

Combining the two

Hart 2012

Zabba 2012
Kompany 2012
Laporte 2019
Kolarov 2012

Fernandinho 2019
De Bruyne 2019
Yaya 2012
D Silva 2012

Aguero 2019
Tevez 2012

Lacking in width so probably doesn't work as a team, but on the whole, 2012 team for me.

On the other hand, playing as we do these days

Ederson 2019

Walker 2019
Kompany 2012
Laporte 2019
Kolarov 2012

Fernandinho 2019
De Bruyne 2019
Yaya 2012

Sane 2019
Aguero 2019
Sterling 2019

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.