2012 Team v Present Team

Depends what mood this side turned up in.

I could see this side getting off to a great start, passing it around and dominating possession but then the 2012 side win a corner and with their first attempt it the game its 1-0 with a header from Lescott.

It’s then a non stop barrage from the 2019 team to get it back but they have 16 attempts with only one on target and 12 corners that don’t beat the first man.

Eventually DeBruyne conjures up a bit of magic when Kolorov is dawdling and plays a pass no one can cut out and Aguero taps it in. 1-1.

Unfortunately for this team, Fern commits once tactical foul too many and after a final warning, Pep subs him for Stones.

To exploit this, Mancini throws on fresh out of jail Adam Johnson, much to the dismay of the junior blues and in the 90th minute a dazzling run from him leads to a dangerous free kick which Yaya bangs in and it 2-1 and game over.
Marvellous post :-)

I could see this side getting off to a great start, passing it around and dominating possession but then the 2012 side win a corner and with their first attempt it the game its 1-0 with a header from Lescott.

It’s then a non stop barrage from the 2019 team to get it back but they have 16 attempts with only one on target and 12 corners that don’t beat the first man.

Eventually DeBruyne conjures up a bit of magic when Kolorov is dawdling and plays a pass no one can cut out and Aguero taps it in. 1-1.

Unfortunately for this team, Fern commits once tactical foul too many and after a final warning, Pep subs him for Stones.

To exploit this, Mancini throws on fresh out of jail Adam Johnson, much to the dismay of the junior blues and in the 90th minute a dazzling run from him leads to a dangerous free kick which Yaya bangs in and it 2-1 and game over.
Brilliant :) Needed a laugh mate!

Great match report haha

If our current side was playing in 2011/12 they would clean up, the level has increased.

In a one off game who knows.

If you put your mind to something you could rule the world I think

I'd go for the 2012 team, just, my concern would be, who out of the current team would be able to stop Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Tevez in general play, who would stop Kompany, Lescott and Kolarov at set pieces ?

Current side if you put the best XI out. I wouldn't start Fern or Sane as the OP did. I also think our squad depth is much better now - although we have one glaring problem which we know about.

Doesn't the points accrued by the current squad settle the argument?

I think City fans are looking at this side with a glaring weakness at centre back and forgetting the impact of repairing that. Unlike others I don't see why Laporte and Stones can't recapture last seasons form. I am hopeful they will.

You should all be supporting Stones, not seeking to bury him for he has proven to be a top defender and has it in him. He needs to get fit and get his confidence back.
Too sensible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.