2013/14 Squad

Looks like Dzeko may have had a change of heart with Mancini going...

He posted this on an instragram picture on his twitter (anyone have the picture) where he scored and had his finger over his mouth signalling to his critics to "be quiet"

Success...seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit!

If Dzeko stays, I have 2 questions:

1) How the hell would Pellegrini play him with Isco, Aguero, Silva... in a possible 4-3-3 ?

2) Does this basically spell the end of the Cavani chase? Which means we will not be pursuing a striker this summer.

mcfc_nyc said:
pudge said:
But Dzeko's never been blamed for a defeat or been labeled the sole reason we lost?

Hence why he's not quite a scapegoat. Your own version of laying into other players to detract from Dzeko is somewhat ironic though.

But this isn't the Dzeko thread so I'm gonna leave it at that.

I really admire this talent of yours and your ability to write a lot but don't really say anything constructive when you chose so. You would be perfect for politics ;)

Only thing I was saying in my initial response to greasedupdeafguy is that team as-is now has a lot of potential but was just lacking true visionary at the helm who can motivate and inspire players we have +/- few.

The real irony here is that player some still want to get rid probably has record highest # of posts about him on this forum since he joined while mostly playing as 3rd or 4th choice striker in a team that is not suiting his style of play being brought in by the manager who knew exactly what kind of player he was getting. Meanwhile he is still up there with other 2 with respect to goals scored. How ironic is that?
No, you said that the poster wouldn't want to see Dzeko succeed because it would 'prove him wrong'

That's a disgraceful viewpoint and one that stems such a high post count regarding Edin.

Also, I said exactly what I intended to. If you didn't think it was constructive then that says more about you than me.

SuperSilva said:

He posted this on an instragram picture on his twitter (anyone have the picture) where he scored and had his finger over his mouth signalling to his critics to "be quiet"

Success...seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit!

1) How the hell would Pellegrini play him with Isco, Aguero, Silva... in a possible 4-3-3 ?

2) Does this basically spell the end of the Cavani chase? Which means we will not be pursuing a striker this summer.

With Aguero playing behind him and Silva/Navas/Isco/Nasri in supporting roles.*

If we were to get Navas AND Isco it gives us so much versatility depending on the opponent, which Pellegrini seems to stress in his tactics.

You could play one striker (Aguero, Dzeko, Cavani(?) behind 3 attackers kind of like how Chelsea play most of the time, or you can have 2 strikers like we've played 90% this year with an actual wideman in Navas and Isco and Silva pulling the strings.

*Assuming the targets Isco and Navas come to fruition

Man city 13/14 squad

GK : Hart, Hennesey, Wright

Def: Zabaleta,Kompany,Nastasic,Clichy,Richards,Novaretti, Lescott(if we keep), Ben
Davies/LukeShaw. (Rekik Loan)

Center Mids: Toure, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Barry, Milner, (Garcia Loan)

Attacking Mids: Silva, Isco, Navas, Nasri, (Suarez Loan)

Strikers: Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Guidetti.

I feel that this could be the outcome of Pellegrini's arrival and the holistic approach. Don't think we need to splash 60m on Cavani, Ronaldo, Bale.

SuperSilva said:

A top notch winger will see to Dzeko scoring goals, we have never played to his strengths and once a decent winger is in place Dzeko can be 30 goal a season striker again.

GOALKEEPERS!!111ONE!!!111
Valdes
Hart
Gordon

DEFENDERS!!111ONE!!!111
Marcelo
Shaw
Rekik
Kompany
Lescott
Hummells
Alves
Zabaleta

MIDFIELDERS!!!111ONE!!!111
Tiote
Fernandinho
Cabaye
Barkley
Ben Arfa
Bale
Di Maria
Isco

STRIKERS!!!111ONE!!!111
Cavani
RSC
Dzeko
Rooney

That gives us 8 home grown players, can't see us holding on to Yaya or Aguero because we have no history and they dream of playing for Real or Barca, sold Nastasic as he isn't as good as Hummells, Richards is injury prone so he can fuck off, Clichy was shite last week so he can fuck off too, Kolarov and Maicon are always fucking shite.

FIRST TEAM!!!111ONE!!!111
Valdes
Marcelo Kompany Hummels Alves
Fernandinho Cabaye
Di Maria Rooney Bale
Cavani

This has made my winky tingly.

Kun Aguero said:
GOALKEEPERS!!111ONE!!!111
Valdes
Hart
Gordon

DEFENDERS!!111ONE!!!111
Marcelo
Shaw
Rekik
Kompany
Lescott
Hummells
Alves
Zabaleta

MIDFIELDERS!!!111ONE!!!111
Tiote
Fernandinho
Cabaye
Barkley
Ben Arfa
Bale
Di Maria
Isco

STRIKERS!!!111ONE!!!111
Cavani
RSC
Dzeko
Rooney

That gives us 8 home grown players, can't see us holding on to Yaya or Aguero because we have no history and they dream of playing for Real or Barca, sold Nastasic as he isn't as good as Hummells, Richards is injury prone so he can fuck off, Clichy was shite last week so he can fuck off too, Kolarov and Maicon are always fucking shite.

FIRST TEAM!!!111ONE!!!111
Valdes
Marcelo Kompany Hummels Alves
Fernandinho Cabaye
Di Maria Rooney Bale
Cavani

This has made my winky tingly.

you've got too much time on your hands

This is the thing about a new manager. All bets are off, because you've suddenly got no idea who's gonna thrive under the new manager. But what we do know is that we have 2 strikers who've scored 30 goals for us in a season in the past (well Tevez got 29, but close enough), and one who's done the same thing in Germany. If someone world class becomes available for a good price, I'd be happy for us to buy them, but I don't think there's a pressing need for new strikers, despite the bad performance this season, unless we can't play whatever system the new manager wants to play with what we've already got.

I still say that if we're gonna break the bank for anyone, it should be for Bale. We're desperate for a good wide player, and the best player in the league happens to be young, British and play in exactly the position we need to strengthen.

mcfc_nyc said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
olddirty said:
Fucking hope not

Not sure what you are afraid of more - being proven wrong about Dzeko after all the shit you spewed against him or the realization that our former manager didn't utilize strengths of the team he had (manager btw who ~66% of City supporters on this forum didn't want see sacked).

I have a feeling some folks rather see 1 in 50 successfully orchestrated Barca-esqe plays by Silva resulting in goals (magnificent when they do happen) than fast paced attacks which would cause havoc against opposition using just the team we currently have with minor changes in midfield.

Hey blind man we are where we are because of all the piss poor finishing that's gone on this season. Edin's attitude at times has been embarrassing (spurs away). He either sorts his head out or he can move on. Yaya down at weight watchers would be nice too.

But no, lets continue using Edin as a scapegoat, while even a blind man could see that main 2 reasons we underperformed this season is lack of midfield creativity and unfathomable team/tactic selection by our former manager.
<br /><br />-- Fri May 17, 2013 8:45 pm --<br /><br />Err i fudged that up...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.