2013 Audi Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumanji

Anyone else feeling very confident about this match? I hate to jinx it, but Bayern starters had to work much harder than our boys.

Not only that, but the score line allowed us to make early substitutions for our key players, unlike Bayern.

Our fullbacks will be fresh having been rested, and should be a good match for their knackered wingers (their biggest threat). Their best fullbacks also played nearly 90 minutes today.

Only question for me is who will partner the mighty Vinnie Kompany?

Should Negredo start?

I felt sorry for him today.

Or does Manuel stick with Edin to keep his confidence flying high??

Or could we go for Negredo and Dzeko up top?? Jovetic second half?

Jumanji said:
Only question for me is who will partner the mighty Vinnie Kompany?
1907998.jpg

my team for tomorrow...

Hart

Zab
Garcia (Don't want to risk Lescott getting injured he did 90 mins today)
Kompany
Clichy

Fernandinho
Milner

Navas
Silva
Jovetic

Negredo

None of that team did more than 1 half today apart from Joe Hart and Garcia.

sam-caddick said:
Should Negredo start?

you've got to remember the lads played today and will play again just over 24 hours after they finished the last game, the line up will look completely different and whether people start or not won't be based on keeping their confidence high etc, it will be purely on a physical basis. I should think that would be the case anyway, can't be playing a load of minutes on 2 consecutive days, won't be beneficial.

sam-caddick said:
Should Negredo start?

Anyone who played more than 45 minutes today should in no circumstance play tomorrow, IMO.

tomorrow I reckon will be Pants, Zab, Kompany, Boyata?, Clichy, Barry, Milner, Suarez/Razak, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero

Yaya, Kolarov, Richards, Lescott, Garcia to play no part

Tomorrow will be Müchen's twelfth game of pre-season (don't ask me why they've played so many, I don't know the answer). I'm expecting them to be more advanced in conditioning than us. We saw today, after 35 minutes we seemed to get a bit leggy and started making mistakes. Second half we took it steady and changed some faces.

For English clubs the last two weeks of pre-season and first two weeks of the season are the time when fitness really comes on the most. At the moment we're still in mid pre-season and we've only played five games to München's eleven.

We'll get beat. Not in Pellegrini's nature to defend and Bayern really are a special team.

So many attacking threats and they work so hard.

I'll just be happy to give them a game. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to raise the bar over Barcelona, but they have done. And in Robben they have the world's 2nd best player after Messi.

Marvin said:
We'll get beat. Not in Pellegrini's nature to defend and Bayern really are a special team.

So many attacking threats and they work so hard.

I'll just be happy to give them a game. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to raise the bar over Barcelona, but they have done. And in Robben they have the world's 2nd best player after Messi.
Málaga defended immensely at home to Dortmund at home in the CL last season.

I think today he tried out a load of attacking sequences and tactics until the forwards were knackered then took them all off. Tomorrow I'm expecting something wholly different, more defensive patterns of play, more sitting back, more counter attacking style.

Málaga were excellent on the counter attack away at Dortmund in the CL last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.