2013 Audi Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue>Red said:
Marvin said:
And in Robben they have the world's 2nd best player after Messi.
Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg
He was a substitute for big games when Ribery Kroos and Muller were all fit in the middle of last season. It was only when Kroos got injured that Robben found himself back as an automatic starter no matter the opposition. He did actually have an outstanding end to the season.

However he's nowhere near as good as CRonaldo.

Jumanji said:
Anyone else feeling very confident about this match? I hate to jinx it, but Bayern starters had to work much harder than our boys.

Not only that, but the score line allowed us to make early substitutions for our key players, unlike Bayern.

Our fullbacks will be fresh having been rested, and should be a good match for their knackered wingers (their biggest threat). Their best fullbacks also played nearly 90 minutes today.

Only question for me is who will partner the mighty Vinnie Kompany?

It's a fecking friendly/training match... Lets just hope we don't get any more injuries.

Marvin said:
We'll get beat. Not in Pellegrini's nature to defend and Bayern really are a special team.

So many attacking threats and they work so hard.

I'll just be happy to give them a game. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to raise the bar over Barcelona, but they have done. And in Robben they have the world's 2nd best player after Messi.
Surely you misspelled Garcia, Marvin

Blue>Red said:
Marvin said:
Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

To be fair 3 or 4 of Bayern's players have been nominated for "Best Player"
If we can beat or draw Bayern's team, then we know we've got quite a season to look forward to.

ElMatador said:
my team for tomorrow...

Hart

Zab
Garcia (Don't want to risk Lescott getting injured he did 90 mins today)
Kompany
Clichy

Fernandinho
Milner

Navas
Silva
Jovetic

Negredo

None of that team did more than 1 half today apart from Joe Hart and Garcia.

If Garcia plays at CH tomarrow he'll get eaten alive by Buyern. He got exposed by Milan. With Robben, Ribery etc.. he will end up with 2 broken ankles.

Hart
Zab Vinnie Lescott(Richards) Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Jovetic Silva
Dzeko

Caveman said:
Tomorrow will be Müchen's twelfth game of pre-season (don't ask me why they've played so many, I don't know the answer). I'm expecting them to be more advanced in conditioning than us. We saw today, after 35 minutes we seemed to get a bit leggy and started making mistakes. Second half we took it steady and changed some faces.

For English clubs the last two weeks of pre-season and first two weeks of the season are the time when fitness really comes on the most. At the moment we're still in mid pre-season and we've only played five games to München's eleven.

Sao Paolo is in the middle of their season.

There is nothing special about Munich's test matchees. But they did not really travel - only into the training camp in the Trentino (what is about 400 km away) and travels inside Germany.

A match after 2 days against a fan selection.
10 days training camp with a match against another fan selection and an Italian 2nd league team.
Then a German 4th league team.
Then a German 3rd league team. (charity - save Rostock from insolvency)
Then 2 matches against 2 Bundesliga teams for the Telekom cup.
The match against Barcelona.
The SuperCup match against Dortmund.
The match against Sao Paolo.

So not the whole team was always in full gear. The Germans and Ribery and Rafinha were there from the beginning, then the ones that had international matches came for the beginning or in the training camp. And last week the ConfedCup participants and Schweinsteiger started team training.

Maldeika said:
Caveman said:
Tomorrow will be Müchen's twelfth game of pre-season (don't ask me why they've played so many, I don't know the answer). I'm expecting them to be more advanced in conditioning than us. We saw today, after 35 minutes we seemed to get a bit leggy and started making mistakes. Second half we took it steady and changed some faces.

For English clubs the last two weeks of pre-season and first two weeks of the season are the time when fitness really comes on the most. At the moment we're still in mid pre-season and we've only played five games to München's eleven.

Sao Paolo is in the middle of their season.

There is nothing special about Munich's test matchees. But they did not really travel - only into the training camp in the Trentino (what is about 400 km away) and travels inside Germany.

A match after 2 days against a fan selection.
10 days training camp with a match against another fan selection and an Italian 2nd league team.
Then a German 4th league team.
Then a German 3rd league team. (charity - save Rostock from insolvency)
Then 2 matches against 2 Bundesliga teams for the Telekom cup.
The match against Barcelona.
The SuperCup match against Dortmund.
The match against Sao Paolo.

So not the whole team was always in full gear. The Germans and Ribery and Rafinha were there from the beginning, then the ones that had international matches came for the beginning or in the training camp. And last week the ConfedCup participants and Schweinsteiger started team training.
That;s ideal preparation in my book. All this jetting off all over the world chasing £££ is short term thinking<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:59 pm --<br /><br />
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Blue>Red said:
Marvin said:
Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

Oh he's serious alright, he's the chairman of the Helen Keller appreciation society is old marv!!!
Unlike Ronaldo, Robben produces when it matters. In big games he was unplayable and was a very big factor behind Bayern's success last season

Ronaldo is a bit over-hyped in my view because he plays for a team that is utterly dominant in their League with Barcelona and as their main striker he can score loads of goals. in the World Cup and European Championship games and in Champions League games against top opponents I don't think he is anywhere near as effective as Robben

Robben added workrate and consistency to his game last season.

so much better than the unpredictable Robben who played at Chelsea - and he was good then. Injured a lot if I remember right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.