2015/16 Home Kit

Agreed but Nike are a much bigger brand than umbro and have little to lose, umbro had to up their game.
Yeah, smaller companies and newer companies looking for a market share tend to do a better job. Umbro were basically being relaunched at the time. I think Warrior have done a great job with the Liverpool shirts, and Aston Villa had a pretty decent one last season from Macron (who also made a great Lazio shirt).

Nike have made some decent shirts, but ours seem to be the only ones that have to put up with something with a badge that looks like the ones your mum used to sew on your swimming trunks.

article-2705936-1FFAFAF700000578-641_634x435.jpg

It's just another sign that they're making it as cheaply as possible. They could embroider it on like Umbro used to, but they'd rather save every penny and come out with a shit product that they assume everyone will just buy anyway. For the teams that actually have a badge that's an easy shape for them, they actually do a decent job.

roma2.jpg

Su14_Match_Atletico_Madrid_PR_H_Front_large.jpg

281efwx.jpg

discount%20PSG%20Football%20Shirt%202014%2015.jpg

article-2634452-1E0DB5C000000578-433_306x322.jpg

583637-1.jpg

They've all got badges that work with Nike's corner cutting manufacturing process. Maybe that's another reason to get a new badge.

Last edited:
Yeah, smaller companies and newer companies looking for a market share tend to do a better job. Umbro were basically being relaunched at the time. I think Warrior have done a great job with the Liverpool shirts, and Aston Villa had a pretty decent one last season from Macron (who also made a great Lazio shirt).

Fuck me! Have you seen the Warrior kits for the Dippers – they're fucking horrendous... especially the away kits... also, up close, they're very poor quality. The New Balance kits look a step up for them, with the exception of nicking the Rags tea-towel patterned material!

Fuck me! Have you seen the Warrior kits for the Dippers – they're fucking horrendous... especially the away kits... also, up close, they're very poor quality. The New Balance kits look a step up for them, with the exception of nicking the Rags tea-towel patterned material!
I thought the first one they made with the yellow was decent. Not too keen on the most recent one.

Isn't NB part of Warrior ? I think they are just using a different brand name. A couple of the Dippers Away kits have been seriously bad - remember a white one that looked like someone had chundered on it and a dreadful purple effort. Nike are seriously not interested - just produce a kit in our colors from a cheap and nasty template. It's not like Nike are paying us top dollar either. We might get a decent kit every now and again probably more bt luck than judgement. Replacing Umbro with Nike has saved me a fortune.

The shield isn't that bad, it is what it is. A fucking shield.

I can honestly say I've hardly, if ever, even noticed it having had the current top for 10 months.

Isn't NB part of Warrior ? I think they are just using a different brand name. A couple of the Dippers Away kits have been seriously bad - remember a white one that looked like someone had chundered on it and a dreadful purple effort. Nike are seriously not interested - just produce a kit in our colors from a cheap and nasty template. It's not like Nike are paying us top dollar either. We might get a decent kit every now and again probably more bt luck than judgement. Replacing Umbro with Nike has saved me a fortune.
New Balance bought Warrior out and is turning their football line into a NB line. Warrior isn't even a big brand in the United States bar Lacrosse. No way that brand was going to make an impact in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.