2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

Whilst personally I think it should be white shorts EVERY time – my objection to last season all sky blue kit was the complete absence of white – this rumoured kit has white socks at least so not all bad!

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/12/leaked-manchester-city-16-17-home-kit.html

Just when you think the club have started listening to fans, we are going back to fucking blue shorts, which absolutely nobody wants.

No doubt this is a great opportunity to piss fans off, have a hugely negative reaction (again) and then have a "Cityzens" consultation to ask ask fans what kit colour they want and don't want. Then they can package it all up like they listened to the fans.

The club are fully aware of the negative reaction of the fans to this. Nike should be fully aware because the club assured us they were going to feed this back to them.

Blue shorts are for Coventry City, not Manchester City. We're just letting Nike take the piss with our identity again, and the club are letting it happen again. Not on.

On behalf of absolutely nobody thanks for speaking on belalf of absolutely everyone

Is the correct answer. Blue shorts worked okay in 11/12, and I doubt too many think it's a lesser title because we wore blue shorts. Indeed, there's an argument to be had that the shorts were the nicest part of the kit. The shirt was horrendous, with those dark dots and that silly check detail around the collar. And as for those hooped socks; I won't even go there as my blood pressure will go through the roof.

I don't understand the hate for hooped socks - always liked them... very 1950's retro.

Sky Blue shirts with white trim, white shorts with sky blue and navy blue trim and navy blue socks please with sky blue detailing.

Surely the NYCFC kits are what CFG want ours to look like in their ideal world because they could've done whatever they liked with that and they went for sky blue shirts, white shorts and white socks? Why is it so hard to make a City kit how the fans want it to look not how some overpaid "manager" at Nike wants it to look?

Surely the NYCFC kits are what CFG want ours to look like in their ideal world because they could've done whatever they liked with that and they went for sky blue shirts, white shorts and white socks? Why is it so hard to make a City kit how the fans want it to look not how some overpaid "manager" at Nike wants it to look?

Totally agree with this. It's a joke that one of our "sister" clubs gets to wear the proper Manchester City colours, and we get to wear Coventry City kits. Maybe the board are branching out the CFG and getting a midlands club and this is our way of making Coventry feel welcome? Richard Keys as brand ambassador, Hillman Imp are official motor partner, anyone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.