2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

I feel like I'm less of a fan because I honestly couldn't give a fuck what colour shorts we wear. I'm also not that arsed about the badge situation.
Is there something wrong with me?

I feel like I'm less of a fan because I honestly couldn't give a fuck what colour shorts we wear. I'm also not that arsed about the badge situation.
Is there something wrong with me?
No mate. I'm very interested in having the right badge and kit colours for our club but really don't like a lot of our songs that we sing, especially Blue Moon. I find many of our chants utterly shite!

No mate. I'm very interested in having the right badge and kit colours for our club but really don't like a lot of our songs that we sing, especially Blue Moon. I find many of our chants utterly shite!
It's always been about the football for me. Obviously I wouldnt want us in any other colour than blue shirts but the shorts and socks don't bother me.
Bluemoon is ok when the whole ground is singing it but that rarely happens.

Sky shirts
White shorts
Navy socks

74 years of our 121 year history.

Fair enough, change the sock colour, but the shorts? Why? You wouldn't get the Rags wearing red shorts, would you?

Couldn't agree more mate. Some of the execs at the club, and seemingly the designers at Nike need a history lesson.

Every time we have blue shorts a thread appears on bluemoon with hundreds of posts. The overwhelming majority of posts are dead against them, you get the odd poster who doesn't really care, and possibly one or two out of a hundred who prefer them.

The club read bluemoon, we know this. They know the blue shorts are overwhelmingly unpopular with fans, yet they let it happen again. It seems whoever makes these decisions is putting their own personal preference above the wishes of the fans. Not good.

Sky shirts
You wouldn't get the Rags wearing red shorts, would you?

They've had black shorts with the red shirt before iirc.

Our identity is more with the sky blue shirt. I suspect most people aren't too bothered about the colour of the shorts as we've worn blue shorts in the past.

They've had black shorts with the red shirt before iirc.

Our identity is more with the sky blue shirt. I suspect most people aren't too bothered about the colour of the shorts as we've worn blue shorts in the past.

You suspect wrong going off the vast majority of posts on bluemoon on the subject over the last 4 years, mate.

The Shite wear black shorts sometimes when there's a colour clash. But their home colours for the last 40 years has been:
Red shirts, white shorts, black socks.

Arsenal red shirts white sleeves, white shorts, red or white socks for the last 40 years bar their anniversary season.

Liverpool red red red for the last 40 years.

Chelsea blue shirt blue shorts white or blue socks for the last 40 years.

City sky blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks for 90 years, and then Swales let Umbro mess about for a few seasons, and nowadays, who knows?! Sky blue shirts and then whatever the designer feels like when he wakes up that day!

No other top club in the country gets their identity messed about with like us. Maybe it's not important to the designers at Nike, but it's important to a lot of our fans.

I used to be dead set against blue shorts, "like Coventry" I used to rant..... Then came 93:20 and blue shorts are etched into the memories of our greatest moment..... Still prefer white, but from a marketing/establish a global identity, you can see the point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.