2019 Pre Season Friendlies | Sat 27th July - Liverpool vs Napoli

10 man Sevilla beat Liverpool 2-1. 5 goals conceded in their last 2 games now, only pre-season of course.

Liverpool fans crying because Sevilla played it like a competitive game.

Still think they're making a huge mistake not investing in their squad, this was their chance to really kick on. Not complaining though!

They have to sign some players surely???
Their midfield was a big pile of wank last season and won’t have approved any this coming season with age.

They have to sign some players surely???
Their midfield was a big pile of wank last season and won’t have approved any this coming season with age.

I see two real gaps - cover at right back and someone to offload/rotate with Mané/Salah.

I think Klopp is pretty happy with his midfield.

I think Fabinho could have a good season - he certainly has an eye for a pass which is a rare thing in the dipper midfield.

I would not be surprised if they signed someone for big money. Klopp may have bought completely into the cult bit even he would moan if not allowed to strengthen after winning the chumps league.

No mention of the defeat on BBC brekki local news, not seen the usual sports bulletin yet but similar to the rags a defeat lose its not mentioned as its only a friendly, Brewster or Greenwood score & it's reported on as a major step to the ballon d'or.

Edit....national report just shows the Harry goal v Juve.

Last edited:
Plenty of games 'tomorrow' starting with Arsenal in an hour:

International Champions Cup
24th July – 00:00 – Real Madrid vs Arsenal – (In Landover, Maryland)
24th July – 02:00 – Bayern Munich vs AC Milan – (In Kansas City, Kansas)
24th July – 02:00 – Guadalajara vs Atletico Madrid – (In Arlington , Texas)
24th July – 12:30 – Juventus vs Inter Milan – (In Nanjing, China)

Friendlies
24th July – 13:00 – Kitchee vs Manchester City
24th July – 16:30 – Norwich City vs Brentford
24th July – 19:45 – Walsall vs Aston Villa
24th July – 19:45 – Wigan Athletic vs Everton

Plenty of games 'tomorrow' starting with Arsenal in an hour:

International Champions Cup
24th July – 00:00 – Real Madrid vs Arsenal – (In Landover, Maryland)
24th July – 02:00 – Bayern Munich vs AC Milan – (In Kansas City, Kansas)
24th July – 02:00 – Guadalajara vs Atletico Madrid – (In Arlington , Texas)
24th July – 12:30 – Juventus vs Inter Milan – (In Nanjing, China)

Friendlies
24th July – 13:00 – Kitchee vs Manchester City
24th July – 16:30 – Norwich City vs Brentford
24th July – 19:45 – Walsall vs Aston Villa
24th July – 19:45 – Wigan Athletic vs Everton

Is Real v Arsenal on Sky ?

Lively start, Real quickest out but Nacho sent off after 9 mins, could have been sent off for a foul as last man but was sent off minutes later for a handball as the ball was going in.

1-0 Arsenal, Lacazette penalty.

Lol, our match against Inter was comedy gold; 1-1 with two own goals/deviations, goes to penalties and there are countless horrible penalties that drag it on until Demiral (centre back with 0 finesse on the ball) wins it for us. Nice thing is Buffon saved 3 from the spot before butchering another one that slipped under his arm in a comical way.

On a serious note, I was a little worried to see we have no clear tactical set up or direction yet. Inter had, even if they have less quality player-by-player. Sarri has time, but limited time. And we're not gonna wait one trophyless season for him to adapt.
Was happy to see that Demiral is as good as I expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.