2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

We need to get LB and DM sorted out before we even consider looking at other positions. We don't want a repeat of last summer i.e. buying a player we didn't really need (Mahrez), then fooking about with our no.1 target Jorginho, albeit he's turned out to be average at Chelsea :)

We need to get LB and DM sorted out before we even consider looking at other positions. We don't want a repeat of last summer i.e. buying a player we didn't really need (Mahrez), then fooking about with our no.1 target Jorginho, albeit he's turned out to be average at Chelsea :)

Jorginho “average”?

I’d say more like donkey spunk.

However, that said, we must get Ndombele ahead of the competition this summer.

Weird post. He's probably one of our most effective wingers. Did you not see this last game against Chelsea? Although it was a set piece he had the smarts to get behind and put a good ball into the box. How about the one where Sergio missed the tap in? He came from right, went left and cut across a sweet ball. Last season when we beat Chelsea 1-0 he was a winger when Dave put the cross for him to score. There are so many instances. You don't have to be in the mold of Sane or Sterling to be an effective winger. The great thing about him is he can play multiple positions.
There is nothing weird about getting a player playing in his best position, and while he has the record for most distance covered in a match and playing outstanding he is Silva`s back up not Sterling Sane and Marhez`s

We certainly need a DM - not going to say who but I’m sure Pep has this in hand.
A LB - probably someone young who can compete with Mendy - not sure we will be paying £50m - more like half of that.
Big call needs to be made on Mahrez. He’s obviously a good player - but he’s really not doing it for us - not only his performances but his whole fit with the squad. Might be worth giving him time to fit in - it often takes time to settle here - there are numerous players who haven’t blossomed until the second season but equally moving him on must be an option if we can get our money back and invest it more productively. Can’t see more than three mainstream additions but probably plenty of young players will be tracked.

There is nothing weird about getting a player playing in his best position, and while he has the record for most distance covered in a match and playing outstanding he is Silva`s back up not Sterling Sane and Marhez`s

Nah I disagree. In almost every big game (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) Pep will put a player with ball control out on the wing. It's because when they press we have someone who can keep possession. When we switch the play and the player on the wing will be able to pick out and control passes that are pinged to them and link the play with the midfielders or striker. (This is why Mahrez was bought IMO.) Sane does not do this particularly well. We can't put Dave on the wing and Gundogan wasn't great doing that either against Liverpool last year. Bernardo is doing what Mahrez should be, but better. He's an amazing player and equally good in both positions. We shouldn't be pigeon holing him into one.

Nah I disagree. In almost every big game (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) Pep will put a player with ball control out on the wing. It's because when they press we have someone who can keep possession. When we switch the play and the player on the wing will be able to pick out and control passes that are pinged to them and link the play with the midfielders or striker. (This is why Mahrez was bought IMO.) Sane does not do this particularly well. We can't put Dave on the wing and Gundogan wasn't great doing that either against Liverpool last year. Bernardo is doing what Mahrez should be, but better. He's an amazing player and equally good in both positions. We shouldn't be pigeon holing him into one.
I think that has more to do with wing back / full back and the fact that Bernado uses Walkers pace better as the other 2 do not need it and Sane has had little time to bond with Mendy. Sterling Sane and Marhez are the ones Pidgeon holed as the are pressed onto the byline

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.