2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

I’d ...
1. Replace Walker with a RB to compete with Danilo.
2. Sign a player to compete with Fernandinho
3. Replace Bravo - preferably with a British player
4. Let Kompany decide to stay or go
5. Play Garcia, Foden and Zinchenko regularly as they are all well able to develop within the squad (plus Muric when possible)

(Mahrez hasn’t worked out great but we’re stuck with him and he might come good so I guess there’s no room for a new attacker)

Last edited:
Gundogan is a very good player but mobility is his problem, he needs to move to a team that works for him as at City he is the slowest amongst better quality players, and Bernardo who is probably City`s best player at the moment is not a winger

Weird post. He's probably one of our most effective wingers. Did you not see this last game against Chelsea? Although it was a set piece he had the smarts to get behind and put a good ball into the box. How about the one where Sergio missed the tap in? He came from right, went left and cut across a sweet ball. Last season when we beat Chelsea 1-0 he was a winger when Dave put the cross for him to score. There are so many instances. You don't have to be in the mold of Sane or Sterling to be an effective winger. The great thing about him is he can play multiple positions.

I’d ...
1. Replace Walker with a RB to compete with Danilo.
2. Sign a player to compete with Fernandinho
3. Replace Bravo - preferably with a British player
4. Let Kompany decide to stay or go
5. Play Garcia, Foden and Zinchenko regularly as they are all well able to develop within the squad (plus Muric when possible)

(Mahrez hasn’t worked out great but we’re stuck with him and he might come good so I guess there’s no room for a new attacker)

Replacing Bravo with a domestic keeper is impossible in my opinion.
Either keep Bravo or sell and promote Muric permanently.
Domestic keepers are no where near good enough at what we need.

You’ve got to remember, it’s not just match day, but training too. We need two keepers incredibly comfortable with the ball at their feet.
Our whole defensive system is built on using the keeper as an outfield player/sweeper.

Last edited:
I really can't see us going for a RB this summer. Both Walker and Danilo have multiple years left on their contracts and we have bigger needs. DM, LB, and a CB if Nico goes.

Also for the price we'd have to pay to Palace for Wan Bissaka there isn't a chance he'd be loaned back there.

We seem to be linked with Dybala in the press again.
Would you rather spend £100 million on Dybala or £150 million on Mbappe?

I have a feeling we will make a bid for Nicolás Pepe of Lille, a player who plays right wing but has a future development ability to play as a centre forward. It will depend on whether we stick with Mahrez and if we don’t will we be able to move Mahrez on for a significant amount of money to at least recoup some of our spend on him.
I really like Pepe and feel he would fit in at City and City have been linked with him.

Pepe will have a bidding war in the summer with a few top teams interested in him. This is because outstanding forwards are hard to come by at the moment and when available go for a lot with many teams interested.

I have a feeling we will make a bid for Nicolás Pepe of Lille, a player who plays right wing but has a future development ability to play as a centre forward. It will depend on whether we stick with Mahrez and if we don’t will we be able to move Mahrez on for a significant amount of money to at least recoup some of our spend on him.
I really like Pepe and feel he would fit in at City and City have been linked with him.

Pepe will have a bidding war in the summer with a few top teams interested in him. This is because outstanding forwards are hard to come by at the moment and when available go for a lot with many teams interested.
I like him too, very talented and clinical goalscorer. Don't think he's ever going to play as CF though. Think of Ronaldo's cheaper left-footed version.

But City tend to avoid bidding wars nowadays, so I'm not sure if this transfer is possible.
I'd expect us to stick with Mahrez for another year at least.

I like him too, very talented and clinical goalscorer. Don't think he's ever going to play as CF though. Think of Ronaldo's cheaper left-footed version.

But City tend to avoid bidding wars nowadays, so I'm not sure if this transfer is possible.
I'd expect us to stick with Mahrez for another year at least.
Modern day forwards need to be mobile and Pepe has that in spades. Look at Griezmann, Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe all have the ability to play along the front 3 positions all of these started out as wingers. Pepe can create as well as score. Pepe is that type of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.