2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

I hear you but I honestly don’t see how we can rotate three strikers. Especially if we see Aguero and Jesus not get injured.
you buy a young player playing regularly in an inferior league with potential to play in the EDS team and so extend the squad, Leao was one such but a bit inexperienced we missed the boat one that one

Douglas Luiz had a great game against Real. Hopefully he continues his development and is a good future alternative for Ferna

you buy a young player playing regularly in an inferior league with potential to play in the EDS team and so extend the squad, Leao was one such but a bit inexperienced we missed the boat one that one
Anyone out there good enough to replace/challenge either Jesus or Aguero is not going to sit on the bench/stands for most of the season and play EDS games. Its just going to happen.

Leao chose Lille for the exact reason above, he is guaranteed a starting place every week. We didn't miss the boat at all, we simply cannot put forward a strong enough case for someone to come in until Aguero has left.

Anyone out there good enough to replace/challenge either Jesus or Aguero is not going to sit on the bench/stands for most of the season and play EDS games. Its just going to happen.

Leao chose Lille for the exact reason above, he is guaranteed a starting place every week. We didn't miss the boat at all, we simply cannot put forward a strong enough case for someone to come in until Aguero has left.
I think you are missing my point ( or i am putting it wrong, would not be the first time) it is not to challenge Jesus or Aguero it is there are youngsters out there who could do a decent job, Leao is a decent youth but did not have enough match experience and our EDS are simply too inexperienced

I think you are missing my point ( or i am putting it wrong, would not be the first time) it is not to challenge Jesus or Aguero it is there are youngsters out there who could do a decent job, Leao is a decent youth but did not have enough match experience and our EDS are simply too inexperienced
I get what you are saying but I just don’t see any youngster wanting to come in and do that.

If a striker can't (or has not got the potential to) challenge Jesus and Aguero, he's no good to us.

Buying a third central striker for the first team squad just does not make sense.

We need two top quality players for each position, some of whom need to be able to play more than one role. Of course you run the risk of having both central strikers injured - as you do left backs - but you cannot eliminate all risks. Sterling can fill in in the middle and Leroy ought to be able to. I'm sure KDB could do a job there if he had to. Pep has used both Silva's there late in games.

Think it leaves little margin for error, if Aguero starts to decline over the next 18 months. Means any incumbent in the summer of 2020 would almost certainly need to hit the ground running. Not saying it’s necessarily the wrong approach, but it isn’t without significant risk, especially as Aguero and Jesus could quite conceivably sustain concurrent injuries.
I think the Serg successor becomes a “we buy when the right player is available” kind of purchase. IF we have decided, for example, Dybala is the one then we will go for him when we have to rather than when people expect.

If a striker can't (or has not got the potential to) challenge Jesus and Aguero, he's no good to us.

Buying a third central striker for the first team squad just does not make sense.

We need two top quality players for each position, some of whom need to be able to play more than one role. Of course you run the risk of having both central strikers injured - as you do left backs - but you cannot eliminate all risks. Sterling can fill in in the middle and Leroy ought to be able to. I'm sure KDB could do a job there if he had to. Pep has used both Silva's there late in games.
We would also expect an academy prospect to be capable of the odd run out too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.