2020/21 - A New Season

AshtonBlueMooner

Four weeks until the new season kicks off and lots to be excited about. We've got two new signings in already with a couple to follow. The fire will be in the bellies of our blue boys to put last seasons disappointments behind them. As will we. Of course it would have been great to have won the league, FA Cup and Champions League but had we done so, there would have always been a * next to it, because games couldn't be watched live, the number of substitutions was increased and water breaks were introduced. And because it's us. Haters are going to hate. The joy at us not winning last night by so many United fans, and others, was fantastic. Why? Because we are now firmly sat at the top table, because we have a fantastic team, because we have a world class manager (that only a few weeks ago, single-handedly took on the International media defending his Club, that he described 'he loves') and because our expectations have been raised so high. We won't always reach the standards we want but we will keep pushing to get to the the very top. Our owners will never stop supporting our club and our communities. 10 years ago we started the 2010/11 season having not won a major trophy for 35 years. We started that season wanting to win something and we did it and success has been plentiful during the last decade. And it will continue to be Blues. So recharge your batteries and get set for the new season, it's going to be one hell of a ride. CTID

Sure i read somewhere that for premier league clubs involved in Europe they don't return until October? To be honest I think I could do with the break as much as the players!

No crowds, VAR, FFP, never thought I'd say it but gimme no football for a few weeks please. Hopefully just a bit of a day after a defeat hangover.

Except the transfer forum, of course. Love a good rumour. Maybe this is the year we finally get Stelios ;)

Not sure I'm ready for the optimism of a new season. Whichever way you look at this season it was poor. Very, very poor. Scored 100 goals but shipped more than two against some crap sides. A lot needs to happen particularly in defence for much to change.

And after last night I trust Pep less than I used to. A pattern has emerged where he wants to be the hero via tactics and selection when in reality we had plenty to progress but it sat on the bench.

Going to a game sounds grim too. Travel, queues, scrutiny, zero atmosphere.

Right now. No thanks.

Four weeks until the new season kicks off and lots to be excited about. We've got two new signings in already with a couple to follow. The fire will be in the bellies of our blue boys to put last seasons disappointments behind them. As will we. Of course it would have been great to have won the league, FA Cup and Champions League but had we done so, there would have always been a * next to it, because games couldn't be watched live, the number of substitutions was increased and water breaks were introduced. And because it's us. Haters are going to hate. The joy at us not winning last night by so many United fans, and others, was fantastic. Why? Because we are now firmly sat at the top table, because we have a fantastic team, because we have a world class manager (that only a few weeks ago, single-handedly took on the International media defending his Club, that he described 'he loves') and because our expectations have been raised so high. We won't always reach the standards we want but we will keep pushing to get to the the very top. Our owners will never stop supporting our club and our communities. 10 years ago we started the 2010/11 season having not won a major trophy for 35 years. We started that season wanting to win something and we did it and success has been plentiful during the last decade. And it will continue to be Blues. So recharge your batteries and get set for the new season, it's going to be one hell of a ride. CTID

Great post we will all calm down after last night and be ready for another thrilling season. Come on City

Not sure I'm ready for the optimism of a new season. Whichever way you look at this season it was poor. Very, very poor. Scored 100 goals but shipped more than two against some crap sides. A lot needs to happen particularly in defence for much to change.

And after last night I trust Pep less than I used to. A pattern has emerged where he wants to be the hero via tactics and selection when in reality we had plenty to progress but it sat on the bench.

Going to a game sounds grim too. Travel, queues, scrutiny, zero atmosphere.

Right now. No thanks.
I'm sure we'll all be up for it come the start but at the moment it's time for a break from watching any football.

Might feel a bit different nearer the time, but next season can bugger off. The whole sterile, behind closed doors thing, is just shite. Football is going to the game, meeting up with your mates, letting off steam...oh and leaving 10 minutes early. We can’t do any of that, as it stands.

City need to recharge. Fans, players and manager. For the first time I can ever recall, I don't want the football to start.

We've had Mancini, Yaya, Aguero, Pep. Where do we go now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.