2021 Rugby League Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Brilliant that!

The Catalan fans are absolutely loving it. First ever Grand Final for them, great scenes

Wonder how many of them will make it over to the final?
4,000 went to Wembley in 2018 with a good number of weeks’ notice.

It’ll be less than that I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints are offside, not square, or have their hands on the ball on every single PTB in every game they play. Never known anything like it.

I used to think Wigan’s tactic of holding the man with the ball up and then taking the player to ground after “HELD” was called and then lying-on for ages when Sean Wane was coach was bad, but they weren’t infringing it at every single play in every single game like this current Saints side.

They get away with 95% of it n’all.

Saints are offside, not square, or have their hands on the ball on every single PTB in every game they play. Never known anything like it.

I used to think Wigan’s tactic of holding the man with the ball up and then taking the player to ground after “HELD” was called and then lying-on for ages when Sean Wane was coach was bad, but they weren’t infringing it at every single play in every single game like this current Saints side.

They get away with 95% of it n’all.
Dry your eyes mate.
Not like your mob are whiter than white are they ;)

66 years now isn't it? Maybe next year eh?

Dry your eyes mate.
Not like your mob are whiter than white are they ;)

66 years now isn't it? Maybe next year eh?
Bloody hell, are you Sts fans all the same? You sound just like Indigo! It’s not about drying eyes and how long it’s been since we’ve won a Grand Final. It’s about the game getting scruffy and bitty, being slowed down too much, and officials not refereeing certain teams to the same standard as other teams (just like in football).

No team is whiter than white, obviously. But I’ve always been one to admit it when we’ve got away with things (just like I do with City), and there've been many over the years (Chris Hill was one of the worst in the league in the ruck, but Wires used to get annoyed with him because he’d give away stupid penalties in dangerous areas too much). But I do think it’s a purposeful tactic of Woolfe’s, he probably looks at our one ref system and knows that refs won’t blow the whistle every time so just do something to gain an advantage every time. And Sts do get away with it most of the time. Just like that old Wigan tactic under Wane I mentioned above.

I watch a lot of NRL, but don’t “support” a team so I have no bias towards/against anyone; but it’s the same shit down there with Melbourne. Over the years their infringements at the ruck are completely ignored compared to everyone else. Are the refs scared of Bellamy like they were Ferguson at United?

It’s daft to pretend these things don’t go on and aren’t an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.