2021 Transfer Kitty

Hart of the Matter

Seen some speculation on this. Obviously our losses last year were sizable. Not sure how this will be met in future years but we had been pretty stable over several years previously.
Assuming we can meet the deficit through revenue streams, what is our realistic kitty this year??
In pure amortisation terms we have Stones, Mr Whippy, Jesus and Sane off the books ( he left last summer but tripped over into this year's accounts)
With those fees leaving our books (assuming 5 year contracts and no extensions reducing but extending amortisation) we could have in the region £150 to play with before sales.
Kun and Fern leaving :-( would give us some huge wages to play with also.
Anyone got a different take or heard differently...

Think a "transfer kitty" doesn't really exist for us, think we will spend what we want if there are options available

But for speculation purposes I'd say that £150mil NET spend is probably the max what we will see

I'm theory a lot depends on Haaland and our striker search, if he comes this summer we may exceed that and if he doesn't can see the club not signng a natural striker so we can go for him when his release clause activates

Outgoings from loan army
Harrison- £11mil
Braaf - £9mil
Herrera - £15mil
Porro - £9mil
Nmecha - £5mil
Itakura, Roberts, Moreno, Ilic, Meshino - £10mil(ish) total

There is about £60mil in return not counting any sell on fee we will receive if Sancho leaves this summer which is likely, there is another £12mil

Haaland, Grealish and a new DM (if Dinho doesn't renew) seem our priorities

Well this season has been so good we will receive in Prize money if we win Prem and Champs League on top of Carabao Cup upwards of 150m to 200m.
That’s going to help. Prize money never seems to be considered in relation to our alleged Billions spent. With all the trophies City have won this past decade,added to qualification and revenue earnt in Champs Legue,I am confident that alone would have put a huge dent in our transfer spend during this period.
I reckon City will spend around 150m on 2 quality players to bolster the squad This summer. Going forwards, from the following season having a relatively young squad spending will reduce considerably as the club start to dip into our wonderful pool of youth talent.
I also believe Pep will stay longer and sign another contract extension as he develops the squad with home grown talent.
The future does look good.

Not sure we’ll be taking in quite as much as others might believe. The game on the continent is in financial difficulty, and even though it is still early May, there is a likelihood that stadia might yet be empty in the fall.
I reckon we’ll sign one player, perhaps Grealish, extend Fernandinho’s contract, and look to sign Haaland next summer. There is plenty more to come from Ake and young players coming through, too.

Not sure we’ll be taking in quite as much as others might believe. The game on the continent is in financial difficulty, and even though it is still early May, there is a likelihood that stadia might yet be empty in the fall.
I reckon we’ll sign one player, perhaps Grealish, extend Fernandinho’s contract, and look to sign Haaland next summer. There is plenty more to come from Ake and young players coming through, too.
I believe a ST has already been signed after considering there is no sign of Aguerro signing an extended contract. Even more so if we win the Champs League final. I am confident our owners would want to celebrate our first Champs League trophy with a marquee signing.
Whom that player may be, we will have to wait and see. Grealish is a possible too but I predict we won’t meet his fee and instead sign a younger prospect to cover DM position. Maybe Douglas from Villa on a reduced fee.

Think a "transfer kitty" doesn't really exist for us, think we will spend what we want if there are options available

But for speculation purposes I'd say that £150mil NET spend is probably the max what we will see

I'm theory a lot depends on Haaland and our striker search, if he comes this summer we may exceed that and if he doesn't can see the club not signng a natural striker so we can go for him when his release clause activates

Outgoings from loan army
Harrison- £11mil
Braaf - £9mil
Herrera - £15mil
Porro - £9mil
Nmecha - £5mil
Itakura, Roberts, Moreno, Ilic, Meshino - £10mil(ish) total

There is about £60mil in return not counting any sell on fee we will receive if Sancho leaves this summer which is likely, there is another £12mil

Haaland, Grealish and a new DM (if Dinho doesn't renew) seem our priorities
Kitty still applies. We have a budget. Our owners haven't put any extra in for nearly a decade. We also have a major hole in our accounts.
We have about 150 released amortisation before we include the Transfer add-ons you identified. All this without adding anything to our top line. BUT we need to address the in year deficit (guessing it is not structural but a one off).
With Kun and Dihno leaving we should be able to cover incoming wages ...

For anyone concerned about the clubs finances and impact on this summer:

Our recent reported loss was for the period 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020.

We will then have had a further period 1 July 2020 - 30 June 2021 where the board has already said we return to profit which is very believable with:
- the profits on player sales we know exist (e.g. Sane)
- lack of CAS legal fees and fine
- the tv revenues from end of last season
- a full season of tv revenues
- hugely successful playing season and competition prize money

Purchases this summer will not materially affect the accounts until next year (1 July 2021 - 30 June 2022) i.e. 2 years after the loss. By which time the board should have balanced the books and planned for the next generation of team.

The only financial areas of concern that could stop us from signing who we want are:
- keeping control of an inflating wage bill (this needs to be better)
- access to cash to make the transfer possible as our cash reserves reduced substantially to June 2020 (im sure the club can move cash around to have available whats necessary)

The accounting loss is not the problem.

For anyone concerned about the clubs finances and impact on this summer:

Our recent reported loss was for the period 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020.

We will then have had a further period 1 July 2020 - 30 June 2021 where the board has already said we return to profit which is very believable with:
- the profits on player sales we know exist (e.g. Sane)
- lack of CAS legal fees and fine
- the tv revenues from end of last season
- a full season of tv revenues
- hugely successful playing season and competition prize money

Purchases this summer will not materially affect the accounts until next year (1 July 2021 - 30 June 2022) i.e. 2 years after the loss. By which time the board should have balanced the books and planned for the next generation of team.

The only financial areas of concern that could stop us from signing who we want are:
- keeping control of an inflating wage bill (this needs to be better)
- access to cash to make the transfer possible as our cash reserves reduced substantially to June 2020 (im sure the club can move cash around to have available whats necessary)

The accounting loss is not the problem.
Next year we potentially lose Mendy, Silva, Walker, Laporte and Edderson off the Amortisation books as well...substantial...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.