2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I do enjoy the Super League and RL in general.
RU can learn a lot from RL. The constant stream of subs in the second half and endless scrums for the same offence.
That’s a low hit quoting Georgia :-) must be their flag !!!
Welsh Rugby is in decline. A Lot of the best players are either in their twilight or injury prone. The Regional teams are in the abhorrent URC.
You imagine being a supporter - you get five home games before November then nothing until the new year. Unless you are loaded you cannot follow your team to SA, Italy, Scotland or Ireland. There is no brand loyalty at all.
I have seen Wales RU live and had tingles down my spine when the fans sang the National anthem. I hope Wales can regroup and sort the feeder club system. I used to enjoy watching Neath etc on the TV and occasionally top Welsh sides would play away at Leeds Tykes in the Cup. FWIW had a good chat with an ex Pontypridd player after the RL grand final and he loved both codes too.

England RL have choked too many times in big games and the leagues that underpinned some of the top RL teams are dwindling too. It’s a shame because it’s a great game.

I have seen Wales RU live and had tingles down my spine when the fans sang the National anthem. I hope Wales can regroup and sort the feeder club system. I used to enjoy watching Neath etc on the TV and occasionally top Welsh sides would play away at Leeds Tykes in the Cup. FWIW had a good chat with an ex Pontypridd player after the RL grand final and he loved both codes too.

England RL have choked too many times in big games and the leagues that underpinned some of the top RL teams are dwindling too. It’s a shame because it’s a great game.
There is still resentment in Wales the way the Bridgend and Pontypridd areas were shafted by WRU Regional set up.
Makes me shudder when they think that a further cut to three regions will improve anything.
Leeds Tykes and Wales have links through Phil Davies the ex Scarlets and Wales no 8.
There are two RL lads in the small town where in live in Wales. Don’t see it happen now with RU going professional.
I remember investing heavy time around maybe five years ago in RL. Castleford were brilliant to watch - what a team they had !!!

There is still resentment in Wales the way the Bridgend and Pontypridd areas were shafted by WRU Regional set up.
Makes me shudder when they think that a further cut to three regions will improve anything.
Leeds Tykes and Wales have links through Phil Davies the ex Scarlets and Wales no 8.
There are two RL lads in the small town where in live in Wales. Don’t see it happen now with RU going professional.
I remember investing heavy time around maybe five years ago in RL. Castleford were brilliant to watch - what a team they had !!!
Cas were supperb. Zach Hardaker’s indiscipline cost them a Grand Final win. If they had got over the line once to win major silverware, I think they would have kicked on to win several trophies.

I was chatting to Greg Eden a couple of months after the Danny Maguire final and he was still gutted. We had a good laugh in the kebab shop and I was glad me and my cousin had left the Black Sabbath concerts half way though. I told him Cas were so good that a big trophy win was just around the corner but he wasn’t so confident .

Cas were supperb. Zach Hardaker’s indiscipline cost them a Grand Final win. If they had got over the line once to win major silverware, I think they would have kicked on to win several trophies.

I was chatting to Greg Eden a couple of months after the Danny Maguire final and he was still gutted. We had a good laugh in the kebab shop and I was glad me and my cousin had left the Black Sabbath concerts half way though. I told him Cas were so good that a big trophy win was just around the corner but he wasn’t so confident .
Good taste with the Sabs !
For my sins I kind of follow Hull KR !! Only because when I was a kid we would get the second half of a game live on grandstand. I thought Roger Millward was the dogs doo dahs.
I was convinced he came from the Welsh fly half factory !!!

The Hornets have a dual registration deal with the Chemics, it may help them out of Div 1, but not sure given Widnes' form last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.