2022 World Cup Discussion

Rumours they're paying people to pretend to be fans, and made them learn loads of stuff... not surprising

Hundreds of England-supporting Indian fans shouted “It’s Coming Home” as well as “Southgate is our super coach! Sterling is our super star! Pickford is our super keeper!” as the England team arrived at their five-star hotel on Tuesday.

“None of us is getting paid,” he said. “We are diehard England fans. My favourite player was Beckham, but now it is Saka. We are genuine supporters. Many of us grew up watching Beckham and Michael Owen. Our love is to this team.”

Local support for teams is genuine, insists Supreme Committee

Rumours they're paying people to pretend to be fans, and made them learn loads of stuff... not surprising

Hundreds of England-supporting Indian fans shouted “It’s Coming Home” as well as “Southgate is our super coach! Sterling is our super star! Pickford is our super keeper!” as the England team arrived at their five-star hotel on Tuesday.

“None of us is getting paid,” he said. “We are diehard England fans. My favourite player was Beckham, but now it is Saka. We are genuine supporters. Many of us grew up watching Beckham and Michael Owen. Our love is to this team.”

I saw a video like this where local fans pretending to be Brazil fans too.

Nkunku being out is so sad. Was looking forward to watching him light it up this tournament. Seems like now we're getting a player with injury concerns and we're talking about whether he can recover his previous form.

Having traveled to India and other parts of Asia I think most of these guys are probably legit, there is more an obsession with larping etc over there. If they were paying fans to turn up, why aren't you seeing non power house 'fake fans' parading around?

It might seem a little weird, but this is just how they do it in some parts.

I remember when United toured Korea or something one year, people were dressing up as Van De Sar with all the kit on gloves and all at the games.

Last edited:
Argentina are playing UAE in a warm-up match, 4-0 at halftime, Alvarez one of the goalscorers. Germany play Oman at 5, Gundogan starting.

Having traveled to India and other parts of Asia I think most of these guys are probably legit, there is more an obsession with larping etc over there. If they were paying fans to turn up, why aren't you seeing non power house 'fake fans' parading around?

It might seem a little weird, but this is just how they do it in some parts.

I remember when United toured Korea or something one year, people were dressing up as Van De Sar with all the kit on gloves and all at the games.
I haven't seen the video in question neither care about it but football in South Asia is way more popular than what might some people think here, its the second most followed sport after cricket and global tournaments get real attention

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.