2024 T20 Cricket World Cup

Who's going to win the 2024 ICC World T20 tournament?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

jimharri

So; the tournament is almost upon us (I'll leave spreadsheets etc to anyone who has any idea how to do it!). These are the groups....

1000020221.jpg
1000020219.jpg
1000020223.jpg
1000020225.jpg
The teams in green are the top 8 teams from the tournament 2 years ago, hence Bangladesh and the Netherlands being in there. I suppose it's hard to look past the usual suspects when it comes to predicting a winner. The Aussies, India, West Indies (home advantage?), England(?). Who could be looked at as a possible outsider; New Zealand, South Africa, or Sri Lanka? Hard to see that Pakistan side on display last night doing much. It'll be fascinating to see what sort of crowds the group A matches being played in America will get. I guess there maybe enough expat Brits, Asians and West Indies natives to get middling crowds at most of the games. I'm guessing that this will adversely affect attendances at the T20 blast tournament, as the big draws will be at the WC. Anyway, I'll leave the poll (including the 8 seeded sides in alphabetical order, plus the Windies!) open until the end of the group stage on June 19th.

Hard to predict T20 tournaments. A lot depends on the form of players. Most players will be undercooked unless they’ve been playing in the IPL.

For that reason, I’d put India as favourites, with Australia and England as secondary favourites.

However betting against Pakistan is either the easiest money you’ll make or money you chuck straight down the drain. They are unpredictable.

South Africa have 2-3 stars that could take them all the way, but less likely than other teams. They’re also in the easiest group to qualify from.

New Zealand always punch above their weight.

West Indies are South Africa light. A couple of mega stars that may propel them further than their overall team quality should.

Where the US in that poll?

Going to seem weird watching it being played in the land of the free.

They seem receptive to more to 10/10 as that fits their demographic goldfish memory TV viewers.
USA V Canada is the oldest international cricket rivalry first played in new York 1844

A lottery form of cricket and truth be told anybody can win it, But the toss of a coin plays a major part and most teams that win the toss win, England still has a self-destruct button and you feel if Buttler goes early the wheels fall off, I've gone for the Aussies because in tournament cricket they always turn up

A lottery form of cricket and truth be told anybody can win it, But the toss of a coin plays a major part and most teams that win the toss win, England still has a self-destruct button and you feel if Buttler goes early the wheels fall off, I've gone for the Aussies because in tournament cricket they always turn up
Yeah; I've gone for the colonials as well.

Just watching the West Indies vs Papua New Guinea pre match formalities in Guyana. And the broadcaster has a drone flying around over the stadium,providing aerial footage. Some great footage. But it's showing that there's fuck all at the game. Astonishing, given the home team is playing.

Just watching the West Indies vs Papua New Guinea pre match formalities in Guyana. And the broadcaster has a drone flying around over the stadium,providing aerial footage. Some great footage. But it's showing that there's fuck all at the game. Astonishing, given the home team is playing.
It’ll be over in about an hour. Tickets were $22.

WI fans seemed to give up on cricket about 15 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.