2024 T20 Cricket World Cup

Who's going to win the 2024 ICC World T20 tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m a far bigger cricket fan than tennis, but even I am watching two of the best tennis players in a grand slam semi over Ireland vs Canada!

Me too. But to be fair, I think there's quite a buzz about the changing of the guard, finally. Not before time. It was all very well to see the holy trinity Federer/Rafa/Djoko (with Murray as a definite outsider, I suppose) year after year after year after year. As for Ireland vs Canada? Unless you're Irish, or Canadian, it seems to me it would be pretty difficult to get excited about that.
Do you not agree?

Now if they ever played the final of the All-Ireland Hurling Championship in a stadium in New York (or Boston!), it wouldn't particularly surprise me if they managed to sell it out.
I once wound up a bunch of Irish in a bar in France by asking the barman if we could turn over the television from this weird “hurling” thing to Wimbledon.
I was being a bit naughty, really. ;-)
To be fair, it was an Irish pub, or announcing itself as such. Lucky I didn't get punched, really…

Me too. But to be fair, I think there's quite a buzz about the changing of the guard, finally. Not before time. It was all very well to see the holy trinity Federer/Rafa/Djoko (with Murray as a definite outsider, I suppose) year after year after year after year. As for Ireland vs Canada? Unless you're Irish, or Canadian, it seems to me it would be pretty difficult to get excited about that.
Do you not agree?
Saw a stat yesterday that those four were at world number one, between them, for the equivalent of 19 years, so a changing of the guard is well over due.

Wow; I thought the Kiwis might have been a (admittedly very) long shot for the title. To get savaged like that by Afghanistan must sting. 75 all out, with nearly 5 overs left. And it was actually a recovery (of sorts). They were 43-6 in the 9th over. Been quite a few shocks so far.

Seems like scoring is harder off slower bowlers in this tournament so far.

Not great news for England, who picked Wood and Archer!

Seems like scoring is harder off slower bowlers in this tournament so far.

Not great news for England, who picked Wood and Archer!

World-class Spin bowlers Yes, Not Moeen Ali or Livingstone

England vs the Aussies is a different game at any level of cricket, You can bet your bottom dollar they turn up and play like it is a final, England has to do everything right and bowl and bat field to their best ability.

World-class Spin bowlers Yes, Not Moeen Ali or Livingstone

England vs the Aussies is a different game at any level of cricket, You can bet your bottom dollar they turn up and play like it is a final, England has to do everything right and bowl and bat field to their best ability.
Even military medium bowlers are harder to smash on slower, lower wickets.

England’s T20 team is at the very end of its cycle, especially the bowling.

Having said that, England can beat anyone, but probably won’t tonight.

Australia generally look unconvincing in major tournaments but really up their game in the knockout phases. Hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they win it again.

Even military medium bowlers are harder to smash on slower, lower wickets.

England’s T20 team is at the very end of its cycle, especially the bowling.

Having said that, England can beat anyone, but probably won’t tonight.

Somebody in the england batting order has to smash a big score because they will score big runs with our bowlers.
It's got added spice with it being the Aussies, but also Scotland won their 2nd match so if England loses tonight the Aussie will know they will be in the knockouts

Australia generally look unconvincing in major tournaments but really up their game in the knockout phases. Hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they win it again.

They are the masters at it, they just get through the groups and then turn up and win the tournament

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.