2024 T20 Cricket World Cup

Who's going to win the 2024 ICC World T20 tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They said on the radio India have been assured of their semi final venue which they insisted on for broadcasting rights.

That is a load of bs but thankfully might help being able to see England play at a reasonable time. As the game being played in Guyana is the 3:30pm (BST) game.

If India win group 1 they play the runners up of group 2 which could well be England after the South Africa loss.

Cricinfo reckons it's to do with the timings for Indian domestic audience.
8pm Indian time as opposed to 6 am

It's not new for international sports tournaments to have the TV scheduling in mind.

I've never heard of that for knockout stages of any tournament though. Group games yeah but not beyond that.

Cricinfo reckons it's to do with the timings for Indian domestic audience.
8pm Indian time as opposed to 6 am

It's not new for international sports tournaments to have the TV scheduling in mind

Why do India get to dictate?

You've got IPL owners now benevolently suggesting that all international Test Cricket should be played in a two month window that doesn't interfere with the IPL and one day tournaments.

Like the PL owners all they want is the best players and the most money and the rest of the sport can rot.

Why do India get to dictate?

You've got IPL owners now benevolently suggesting that all international Test Cricket should be played in a two month window that doesn't interfere with the IPL and one day tournaments.

Like the PL owners all they want is the best players and the most money and the rest of the sport can rot.

I very much doubt they dictated anything.

It may be that the TV companies in India to have offered 2 bids, one for evening semifinal and one for morning. The ICC will take the money.

Tell you what, don't know if they've been doing that all tournament, but Afghanistan's catching against Australia was utterly superb. No dropped catches, and several where they could have easily been forgiven for spilling them, and yet caught them clean as you like. No juggling, no second bite required.
I couldn't help thinking back to England's matches against Australia I've watched in years past, going right back to the nineties, and how many spilled catches I've seen that would actually have turned the match England's way. Not always difficult ones, either.

For those who follow the game much more closely than I do: which England side over the last thirty years or so do you think was England's best fielding side? (Setting batting or bowling strength aside for a second).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.