2024 T20 Cricket World Cup

Who's going to win the 2024 ICC World T20 tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weather doesn’t matter. Just smash the ball as far as you can! :-)

We sort of did this today
Buttler is so much better when he moves his feet and comes down the wicket.

Big win and into the semi-final, I didn't think we would get this far after a poor group and weather-affected results.
But it just goes to show what the fuck I know about 20/20 cricket ?? Just smash the ball and take the game away from your opponents, England won under 10 overs

Rashid is a wizard. Far better batsmen than the Americans would struggle against him. Slightly surprising pick for the MOTM though, in my opinion. I'd have gone for Jordan or Buttler. I suppose the dismissal of Jones could be seen as a turning point, I guess.

We sort of did this today
Buttler is so much better when he moves his feet and comes down the wicket.

Big win and into the semi-final, I didn't think we would get this far after a poor group and weather-affected results.
But it just goes to show what the fuck I know about 20/20 cricket ?? Just smash the ball and take the game away from your opponents, England won under 10 overs
They also played a pub team!

Good win and we shall see what happens. I doubt we’ll be smashing Bumrah or Zampa round the park, but you never know!

Just four games ag Buttler and the coach were on the verge of getting P45’s. Sport is pretty mad at times.

I think it was the Last Chance Saloon vs Namibia, It was Rain-affected for most of the day then at the last hour or so the weather broke and a 10 over a side happened, Sport is cruel because there is no room for losers

England play like today then we have a very good chance of winning the tournament

I think it was the Last Chance Saloon vs Namibia, It was Rain-affected for most of the day then at the last hour or so the weather broke and a 10 over a side happened, Sport is cruel because there is no room for losers

England play like today then we have a very good chance of winning the tournament
We’re still tampering with 1-2 of our bowling options. Curran isn’t really working very well, but he adds a bit of left handed batting as well.

Think Wood needs to stay benched though. He’s too one dimensional.

They also played a pub team!

Good win and we shall see what happens. I doubt we’ll be smashing Bumrah or Zampa round the park, but you never know!

Maybe the gloves are off now and we can play freely without fear of losing, Yes it was the USA, But they have beat some good teams in this World Cup, We are so much better playing on the front foot and attacking the bowlers. Buttler's movement today was spot on, He knew the wicket was still slow, So he used his feet and came down the wicket to smash it out of the ground.

What did you say the other day about it being a slow wicket and hard to score, You even asked me have I played on a slow wicket, Well my answer was very clear, USE YOU FEET come down the wicket,

Buttler today showed you can score over 250 in 20/20 on a slow wicket by using your feet

Maybe the gloves are off now and we can play freely without fear of losing, Yes it was the USA, But they have beat some good teams in this World Cup, We are so much better playing on the front foot and attacking the bowlers. Buttler's movement today was spot on, He knew the wicket was still slow, So he used his feet and came down the wicket to smash it out of the ground.

What did you say the other day about it being a slow wicket and hard to score, You even asked me have I played on a slow wicket, Well my answer was very clear, USE YOU FEET come down the wicket,

Buttler today showed you can score over 250 in 20/20 on a slow wicket by using your feet
I think you need to factor in the standard of bowling too though.

We’re still tampering with 1-2 of our bowling options. Curran isn’t really working very well, but he adds a bit of left handed batting as well.

Think Wood needs to stay benched though. He’s too one dimensional.

I think the balance is right now, stick with what we used today, The only change would be Wood for Curran
but that would depend on it is a day or night game, Day game Curran, Night game Wood

I think you need to factor in the standard of bowling too though.

Any bowler once he is under the pressure of a batsman smashing him loses his game plans and panic sets in, Buttler in this mood puts the best bowlers under pressure, Yes it's a fine line between winning and losing playing this way, But if your stuck just scoring 1s and 2s and making 140 to 160 you're going to lose anyway,

Also having wickets still in the shed when chasing a score is pointless, Playing like today vs India or the Aussies is the only way to beat them because 100% they will play hard and smash you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.