2024 T20 Cricket World Cup

Who's going to win the 2024 ICC World T20 tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any bowler once he is under the pressure of a batsman smashing him loses his game plans and panic sets in, Buttler in this mood puts the best bowlers under pressure, Yes it's a fine line between winning and losing playing this way, But if your stuck just scoring 1s and 2s and making 140 to 160 you're going to lose anyway,

Also having wickets still in the shed when chasing a score is pointless, Playing like today vs India or the Aussies is the only way to beat them because 100% they will play hard and smash you.
The Aussies just lost to Afghanistan as they couldn’t smash the ball.

The Aussies just lost to Afghanistan as they couldn’t smash the ball.

I Was not expecting that ? I sort of missed the game and the result but that's a shocker.

But the Aussies face India in the last game and with India already in the semi-final it could be hand shake

I Was not expecting that ? I sort of missed the game and the result but that's a shocker.

But the Aussies face India in the last game and with India already in the semi-final it could be hand shake

Strongly doubt it. There's no love lost between the Indians and the Aussies, especially since they often see the other as their biggest rivals, now. And the Indians hate losing. They're poor losers as much as the Aussies are.

Why do that - when you have a chance of putting a rival out at this stage rather than face them in a final.

However, Australia have more to play for, they will be still be stinging after the loss to Afghanistan and you would expect that to just give them the edge. Mind you be funny if Australia win in a tight game and then Afghanistan thrash Bangladesh and better the Net Run Rate.

Why do that - when you have a chance of putting a rival out at this stage rather than face them in a final.

However, Australia have more to play for, they will be still be stinging after the loss to Afghanistan and you would expect that to just give them the edge. Mind you be funny if Australia win in a tight game and then Afghanistan thrash Bangladesh and better the Net Run Rate.

That would be very funny. It's plausible, too. The Afghans are no mugs.

We’re still tampering with 1-2 of our bowling options. Curran isn’t really working very well, but he adds a bit of left handed batting as well.

Think Wood needs to stay benched though. He’s too one dimensional.

Wood's been really poor. He's a quick bowler but anything quick is going to the ropes and he hasn't managed to nail any variations to warrant a place in the side.

I do worry about our bowling attack if we play India. Against anyone else I would back us, but they'll put a few of our bowlers to the sword.

I'm not sure there's any way we can avoid them though with their run rate.

are the boundaries set out quite short, or is it just a case that the batsmen can just hit sixes very easily nowadays?

I know there has been the odd match with a very short boundary to one side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.