2032 Olympics

I would love to see oz get a world cup too.
We bid for next year's.
I'm still pissed off about Qatar getting it.
Football here would have got a really huge boost.
Plus the place is full of Poms like me, Scots, Irish, Italians, Greeks, all mad football fans.
I think we outnumber the Aussies.:)
World cup here in our winter ,(as it is now) would've been great, perfect weather, we already have the stadia.

Reactions: mat
We bid for next year's.
I'm still pissed off about Qatar getting it.
Football here would have got a really huge boost.
Plus the place is full of Poms like me, Scots, Irish, Italians, Greeks, all mad football fans.
I think we outnumber the Aussies.:)
World cup here in our winter ,(as it is now) would've been great, perfect weather, we already have the stadia.
Agree.

It would be a fantastic tournament with passionate local fans.

Like the Ashes I enjoy being up at stupid o'clock to watch matches kick off. 4 am kick offs would mean Engerland fans would be too tired to kick off after losing to Peru.

No-one wants to spend the cash to create a huge white elephant they struggle to utilize in 2033 and thereafter.

Good luck to Brisbane! Isn’t it about time Oz got to share a World Cup, too?!
Didn’t Chicago put a few serious bids in over the last decades? It’s back in LA in 2028 I think as well.
For an Australian Olympics do they move it to later in the year for the weather?

Agree.

It would be a fantastic tournament with passionate local fans.

Like the Ashes I enjoy being up at stupid o'clock to watch matches kick off. 4 am kick offs would mean Engerland fans would be too tired to kick off after losing to Peru.
I think most games would be about 7am your time.

Reactions: mat
Didn’t Chicago put a few serious bids in over the last decades? It’s back in LA in 2028 I think as well.
For an Australian Olympics do they move it to later in the year for the weather?
The Olympics will be in your summer which is our winter.

Brisbane averages about 20C most winter days with low humidity.
Great for sports

Brisbane looks a beautiful city and with its amazing beaches will make for a spectacular olympics. Are you near there Bill?
I lived 30 years in Brisbane, then I retired and moved 1 hour south to the Gold Coast.
Brisbane is a modern and incredibly clean city. With a beautiful river and southbank leisure area.
Whenever we have visitors from the UK they really like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.