21/22 Early Leavers

I’ll still be there. I usually wait until there’s no one else going up the stairs so that I don’t hold them up.

I really think that during these 18 months whilst they’ve been doing nothing(!) they could have had a stair lift fitted just for me don’t you? ;-)

Seriously though, I do like to wait for the first reason I gave but now it will be so that I’m not mingling too much and also so that the tram queue will have gone right down to practically zero!

Still just a little wary but it will wear off as the season progresses. (See what I did there? Wary, wear!). :-)
A wise move on staying on a bit. After the Everton game, there was a massive bottleneck outside the ground and that was only with 10k fans.

People have got weary of being wary, so I’ll wear my mask where I deem pertinent to do so. ;-)

A wise move on staying on a bit. After the Everton game, there was a massive bottleneck outside the ground and that was only with 10k fans.

People have got weary of being wary, so I’ll wear my mask where I deem pertinent to do so. ;-)
I think that was people without tickets hoping to get into the ground after the game for the trophy presentation.

Think I’ll stay 5 mins extra to counterbalance some of the early darters.

Should be no fucker left in the ground by then, reducing the risk of getting Covid too.

Just a second observation….. the thing I’m really going to miss, and please don’t anyone laugh, I’m going to miss the hugs from the fans around me, the steward who sits in front of us with her back to the game, Victoria the club photographer and the 2 concourse stewards who always come down the last few steps to help me and then hug me and wish me safe journey. Yep, as I say daft but it’s those little gestures that sometimes sustain people. Like during lockdown not being able to physically hug my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Zoom and FaceTime hugs are not the same! :-)

As you’ve probably gathered I’m a tactile person. I’d do ok on the pitch when the players score wouldn’t I? *rofl*

i leave games late because i have to fold up banners in SS1 and take them to the stores.

I noticed the stewards line up in gangs of 30 or so and check all the seats for crap left behind > They have to walk in a long line and push the seats up and down. It makes a lovely noise all 30 at once, it is better than the chimes the bin men make when they collect the bottle bins at 8am on our estate. It echoes round the empty stadium.

I am tempted to shout "bang that seat again and you are out mate"

i leave games late because i have to fold up banners in SS1 and take them to the stores.

I noticed the stewards line up in gangs of 30 or so and check all the seats for crap left behind > They have to walk in a long line and push the seats up and down. It makes a lovely noise all 30 at once, it is better than the chimes the bin men make when they collect the bottle bins at 8am on our estate. It echoes round the empty stadium.

I am tempted to shout "bang that seat again and you are out mate"

Yes I’ve seen/heard that sometimes as I’m getting to the top of the stairs. It can be like a sort of parade timing thing. It sometimes makes me stand up straighter and push myself to move faster! *rofl*

Funny isn’t it “he’s leaving early! I’m better than him!”
No, it isn't that at all, it is just fucking odd, you pay all that money and then leave early and miss so much, leaving on 80 minutes is now like leaving on 75 minutes after the added time is put on, you spend all that money only to miss all those late goals.

In the main, it is only to beat the traffic lol I don't ever think I'm better for staying to the end, I just think why do you waste your cash and time and miss out on the actual result, can you imagine missing the Aguero moment, still you saved an hour getting out of the car park :)

I don't know anybody who walks out of a cinema before the film finishes and the glorious ending has been revealed.

Yes I’ve seen/heard that sometimes as I’m getting to the top of the stairs. It can be like a sort of parade timing thing. It sometimes makes me stand up straighter and push myself to move faster! *rofl*

when i first heard it thought it was a gun shut and dived for cover !

No, it isn't that at all, it is just fucking odd, you pay all that money and then leave early and miss so much, leaving on 80 minutes is now like leaving on 75 minutes after the added time is put on, you spend all that money only to miss all those late goals.

In the main, it is only to beat the traffic lol I don't ever think I'm better for staying to the end, I just think why do you waste your cash and time and miss out on the actual result, can you imagine missing the Aguero moment, still you saved an hour getting out of the car park :)

I don't know anybody who walks out of a cinema before the film finishes and the glorious ending has been revealed.

People can leave on the 8th minute if they like, it’s their money and I couldn’t give a toss.

It’s weird how obsessed some people with what time complete strangers arrive and leave a match.

Considering how much they value watching every second of the game they don’t half spend a long time looking at other folk in the stands instead of what’s happening on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.