#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly think he can emulate Aguero in style for us.

Still very young, and it's a new position for him.

I'm focusing on his positives, and less so on his negatives because of that.

Made some really good runs first half, the problem is we just don't play those passes very often and the run doesn't really do anything in terms of opening space up for others either so they're ultimately pointless.

Has to learn to make runs where he can realistically expect to receive the ball from them. Don't think just being a finisher with some nice ineffective runs is enough to be impactful for us, we need more than that but I'm not sure what else he can do.

Unlucky to get his goal ruled out.

He was ignored and overlooked (or just completely unnoticed) time-and-time again for balls over the top.

He must have made a dozen good runs in behind their high line and only got played in twice. That ball over the top was on all game for him.

He was ignored and overlooked (or just completely unnoticed) time-and-time again for balls over the top.

He must have made a dozen good runs in behind their high line and only got played in twice. That ball over the top was on all game for him.
David Silva and Yaya would have loved Torres's movement. Very unlucky to have that finish ruled out.

I noticed in the warm ups he’s a really good finisher. He’s got potential to be a quality striker, but he may not fulfil that potential for another few years.
I agree he has natural goal scoring ability & will turn out to be a top striker in the future. What he needs is a run of say games in that position but i doubt he will be given the chance.

I agree he has natural goal scoring ability & will turn out to be a top striker in the future. What he needs is a run of say games in that position but i doubt he will be given the chance.
At the end of last season I was thinking this… but we need to remember he is still very young and whilst I agree about scoring potential and ability, let him build up his scoring potential from the wing. He can develop into a central striker later in his career. Griezmann had this route to success as a striker.

As a club we may have made this mistake with Jesus too soon, as well.

The greedy fecker annoyed me just before half time when he should have passed left to Grealish who was totally clear in the area... Grealish was fuming with him.

Can't understand why he plays him central when he turns it on for Spain on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.