21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t see the game last night did the lad look like he had a bit of extra pace as I think we really do need that at the back?

I didn’t see the game last night did the lad look like he had a bit of extra pace as I think we really do need that at the back?
Hard to properly judge in half a friendly match, but certainly didn't seem slow.

He will do quite well here, we have been missing crosses from the left side for a bit, Foden seems to drift more centrally now, or just doesn't do it.
Could say the same about Grealish, he tends to move into the center which can cause him and Cancelo to get a little jammed. Having Gomez overlap on the outside will create space and still give us a good option for crossing in from the left.

Yesterday we saw the magic Mahrez and Cancelo can create together on the right side, makes me really excited to have a more natural LB, although I think we'll continue to see Cancelo/Walker combo in meaningful games for a while longer.

Seems at home in the City midfield.. under pressure defending and keeping and passing the ball.

Might actually be better than Zinny was when Zinny got into the team in 2018.

He still seemed a bit slow on the ball when he came in but worked into the match really well had some awesome exchanges with gundo and foden on the left. Those three looked like they’d been playing together on that side for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.