21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely I would have, Ake hasn’t Suddenly become faster or more agile. Gomez just doesn’t have the physical attributes of a defender. Fine for the teams which sit behind the ball, but not in the big games.
He has almost the same physical attributes of Lahm, Kimmich, Alves, Alba, etc.

It’s not ridiculous really, there’s plenty of other places wingers who will get the better of him just like a championship player did on a couple of occasions today.
Lewis versus Lewis Hall when we played Chelsea. Owned. It doesn't define a player, in the next match, he confined Salah. Gomez never got owned by anyone today.

Ok. I am not sure I believe you, as no one was calling for that back then (I know, because I was in his performance thread defending him regularly). And I think you’ll find Gomez has the pace to match those

Why would I lie? I’m fully supportive and complimentary of players I think that will make it at city. But on the few occasions Gomez has had he’s been gotten around too easily.

You didn’t answer my question though, would you match him up against them?

Why would I lie? I’m fully supportive and complimentary of players I think that will make it at city. But on the few occasions Gomez has had he’s been gotten around too easily.

You didn’t answer my question though, would you match him up against them?
Now, no. In the future, maybe.

You lack vision.

Gomez is one of those players who can play Guardiola's system instinctively. I doubt he'll become a first-choice left-back, simply because he has neither the physique nor the defensive acumen to make that position his own; in that regard, therefore, he's not terribly dissimilar to Zinchenko. That said, if he can become trusted enough to come on and fill a midfield berth to help close games out, his instinct and left foot might be worth keeping around.

Not everyone can be a superstar, and teams full of those rarely are successful. This guy has talent, and it has been recognised since he was a mid-teenager. Hopefully, he will be able to flourish with us and I cannot understand the ongoing myopia that stops some fans from understanding that it takes time for some players to reach their potential in Pep's team.

Not everyone can be a superstar, and teams full of those rarely are successful. This guy has talent, and it has been recognised since he was a mid-teenager. Hopefully, he will be able to flourish with us and I cannot understand the ongoing myopia that stops some fans from understanding that it takes time for some players to reach their potential in Pep's team.
Or that it simply takes time for players to develop.

It seems many want us to have superstar teenagers at every position.

Really liked him today. Some utter arses in the match day thread jumping on any minor mistake he made, as usual, because some "fans" love to hate and berate one or two of our players for some reason, while conveniently ignoring a more established player making the same sort of error a few minutes later.

But yeah, I think he slotted in well. He's creative, good eye for a pass, always trying to push the play forward, and there's clearly a very versatile player in there who can roam around the wing and take up multiple positions, which is exactly what Pep likes.

They're not the same, but there are definitely some Zinny vibes in Gomez's versatility and adaptability. I think he'll be here next season and can start to play a bigger role.
This, 100%. Excellent, bias-free comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.