21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Best he’s looked for us that. I know it was just a short cameo but, even so…

I said elsewhere that the purchase of Gvardiol, along with the availability of Akanji and Ake, should allow him to play in his rightful position - a left-side attacker - in which he is recognised as one of the best young players in the world. I hope that this is the start of him becoming a truly top-drawer player for us.

I have been defending him from the start. Hopefully, some have now realised what be can give us. Besides the obvious incredible skills to create the 3rd, in his short cameo he has made some excellent runs and displayed top level technique and passing. He is a childhood City fan with a top-notch attitude, a real team player. He has everything to make it with us and I am happy he decided to stick around. It takes courage and self-belief to do so under difficult circumstances. He seems to have both. City mentality on display.

I have been defending him from the start. Hopefully, some have now realised what be can give us. Besides the obvious incredible skills to create the 3rd, in his short cameo he has made some excellent runs and displayed top level technique and passing. He is a childhood City fan with a top-notch attitude, a real team player. He has everything to make it with us and I am happy he decided to stick around. It takes courage and self-belief to do do under difficult circumstances. He seems to have both. City mentality on display.
Up there, definitely.

He looks a poor defender and he’s been playing left back for us previously. In the U21s, pre-season and today, he’s was further forward and it suits him much more.

Considering we have looked better with a wide fullback in Walker I can foresee 2 opportunities for him to play.

Wide LB, or just LW, playing slow tempo like Grealish.

I thought he had to leave on loan but perhaps in those scenarios there is some plan for him.
Now Palmer has left, Gomez has the opportunity to get his minutes now.

He's a talented lad, with a great left foot and did well when he came on today.

Its ok i realised you were talking about Bobb
Cheers.

On Gomez, It’ll hard for the lads like him coming on to be as sharp with limited football. Unfortunately, they have to try and perform to their utmost best when given a sliver of a chance.

Byproduct of success but with further coaching and improvement, these lads can be called upon when needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.