21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Said all summer he won't play any significant minutes for us at left back again, he's not a defender and it's never going to work there. He's a winger and looked infinitely better in his actual position. Not sure he's at our level as a winger but the lad is young, shows great enthusiasm, is desperate to be here and pep might just be able to coach him into a top player, would have loaned him out personally but great cameo today, if he keeps doing that he'll do alright.

I could still potentially see him play LB if its done in the way Walker did it in the 2nd half, basically as a winger.

That would be a way to get Doku RW.

In that way Foden can play LW and come inside as a midfielder, and that makes the 3241.

Alternatively if he is the LW. Then Walker will have to continue his wide RB role.

One of the fullbacks has to go wide ultimately, why not Gomez if needed? They wont defend as much as our LBs in the system last year who were CBs.

Great sub performance and a top class assist. This player might be the answer to our winger problem. From this sub performance alone I'd start him over Doku when Grealish is not available.

He played really good for Spain U21s, but he was high up the pitch. Like he played today. He's a little lightweight in the challenges, not a left back as can't rely on him in one on ones. But as left midfield or wing, he can put great balls into the box. Which is pretty good if you've got Haaland there. I like him. I think we can use his skills in the team. Pep will know when. Good cameo today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.