#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is that as well but we gave him a real chance. I am not suggesting we should keep him beyond this season at all.
No I agree-its a real problem. I have defended him and hoped he'd get back to his best-but his inability to turn and recover means for me he's finished.

I would add that Pep prob thought that mendy could play wingback-but he was even more exposed defensively because of the space in behind.

His injuries have nothing to do with his positioning, his inability to put a tackle in or his blaise attitude of certainly looking like he doesn't give a shit.

The bloke is a fraud.

And the people comparing him to Mangala are wrong as well. Mangala is/was five times the defender Mendy is.

Put your fucking pink coat back in the wardrobe, lose some weight and put your attitude back in its box Mendy. We had another defender who lacked pace on the right hand side of defence for ten years, but it's amazing what a bit of heart and a very good knowledge of positional awareness can get you.

Hopefully he's gone in the Summer. Man is taking the piss.

His injuries have nothing to do with his positioning, his inability to put a tackle in or his blaise attitude of certainly looking like he doesn't give a shit.

The bloke is a fraud.

And the people comparing him to Mangala are wrong as well. Mangala is/was five times the defender Mendy is.

Put your fucking pink coat back in the wardrobe, lose some weight and put your attitude back in its box Mendy. We had another defender who lacked pace on the right hand side of defence for ten years, but it's amazing what a bit of heart and a very good knowledge of positional awareness can get you.

Hopefully he's gone in the Summer. Man is taking the piss.

Yeah he was always a shit defender. Sterling had him for breakfast in those ties against Monaco back in 2017.

Back then Mendy made up for his lack of defensive ability by being excellent going forward. We saw glimpses of that before the injuries but they are long long gone. He is a liability, an absolute million miles away from being good enough for this squad.

Loyalty. Plain and simple. Just like Mangala, Bony and the rest of those types of players we eventually cut them loose.
Perhaps, but we binned Angelino. I am not saying he will ever be an elite-level player but he is much better than Mendy and so was Maffeo (wherever he is nowadays).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.