23rd September 1989

15 years-old, my first derby game stood on the Kippax with my mates, my first time seeing us beat the bastards outside of the FA Youth Cup Final and the Arthur Albiston testimonial that summer.

Still remember to this day trying to climb back on to the wall halfway down the Kippax after the opening goal and then suddenly seeing a fucking wave of delirium heading right for me as the second goal went in moments later.

Absolutely frightening. Absolutely perfect.
My first Derby as well. Stood at the top of the windy corner with my dad. First time I'd see violence at a football match when it kicked off in the north stand. Like something out of a film. When the first and second goals went in it was just bedlam. My dad found himself halfway down the windy corner!

After the second goal a big bloke who I didn't know lifted my up on his shoulders as I was a scrawny 13 year old kid. My dad found us and for the first time I actually saw my dad was worried about me. He couldn't thank the bloke enough..

Another memory was seeing the platt lane end completely empty after the fifth went in

I've dined out on this one for absolute years and it never gets tired for this bitter blue.

Even though the 1-6 was a better scoreline, especially away from home, the 5-1 just really gets them wound up! In some ways, I wish the 1-6 was 1-5 just to repeat it!

Every year I wish my red and blue friends a very happy 5-1 day and today is no different!

And after all these years, it still winds them up!

My first Derby as well. Stood at the top of the windy corner with my dad. First time I'd see violence at a football match when it kicked off in the north stand. Like something out of a film. When the first and second goals went in it was just bedlam. My dad found himself halfway down the windy corner!

After the second goal a big bloke who I didn't know lifted my up on his shoulders as I was a scrawny 13 year old kid. My dad found us and for the first time I actually saw my dad was worried about me. He couldn't thank the bloke enough..

Another memory was seeing the platt lane end completely empty after the fifth went in

My first derby was actually at Old Toilet, saw us lose in the FA Cup 1-0 to a Whiteside goal :(

My first Maine Road derby was 85 when Big Mick towered in a header to earn us a 1-1 draw.

But to go in the Kippax for a derby game for the first time, and see us win for the first time also, you never forget stuff like that, eh?

15 years-old, my first derby game stood on the Kippax with my mates, my first time seeing us beat the bastards outside of the FA Youth Cup Final and the Arthur Albiston testimonial that summer.

Still remember to this day trying to climb back on to the wall halfway down the Kippax after the opening goal and then suddenly seeing a fucking wave of delirium heading right for me as the second goal went in moments later.

Absolutely frightening. Absolutely perfect.
I was in there with my ex wife, she’s only 4’ 10” not sure she enjoyed it :-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.