24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
That first goal... wow! I never thought that Josko had it in him. And that pass from KDB bobbled up almost to knee level - great first touch to get that under control.

That first goal... wow! I never thought that Josko had it in him. And that pass from KDB bobbled up almost to knee level - great first touch to get that under control.

That goal was absolutely quality, the movement in behind, the first touch and then composure to not rush a shot but look to carry the ball and commit the keeper and then just slide it in. Wonderful.

Josko sort of reminds me of Larry Bird of US basketball fame. Bird seemed to be slow and not particularly athletic, but he'd absolutely kill the opposition game after game. Josko has that sort of deceptive quality to his game.

Another player teaching us to always be patient with new arrivals.
I haven't been following his performance thread, but have been slagging him off? I think he's had an outrageously good first season given the injuries to the defence.

I think the bigger lesson is "play him in the right position" is not really a smart analysis for Pep's City.

The only issue tonight was him not closing down Johnson quickly enough on a couple of occasions. Other than that another fantastic performance.

Who knew he would become the best LB in the prem?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.