24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Although I remember when he did his first interview at RBL he said his favorite position was striker. It was a little tongue in cheek but you do wonder if he has enjoyed how playing LB has allowed him some more opportunities to shoot. That said, I do think his positioning was part of Peps educational plan and whenever he switches back to the middle, he’ll be all the better for it. Or by then Pep will have switched him to a midfielder. Hah. Regardless, I’m sure playing LB at City is different to a LB role at RBL (which was what the podcast mentioned) or Croatia - for better or worse.

Re: Antonio. Did he say why he wanted to switch with him? Especially in that LB position he’s played against a lot of “bigger” names.
he didn’t play lb for leipzig, only a bit after he arrived, he was soon switched to cb and remained there. he signed and leipzig agreed to let him stay in zagreb for a year, in that year dinamo switched him
to lb cause it suited their plans, he was about to leave anyway. leipzig bought a cb.

you’re right, he played lb for croatia on saturday and said it’s completely different to city.

he was already a magnificent cb for someone so so young. if pep leaves him at lb, that will be 2 whole seasons without playing as cb, and pep possibly leaving.

and i’m sure you’ll remember, every time someone was faster it was endless crap, too slow, useless, bla bla bla. best young cb in the world to that? meh.

now we’re going to euros with the back four who never played together. let’s say de la fuente starts yamal on saturday and yamal “cooks” him, endless sea of shit again. i literally still cannot believe that he’s not our cb for germany.

i don’t think he was joking about wanting to be a striker btw. he was good too, they only moved cause he was the best at defending.

he didn’t play lb for leipzig, only a bit after he arrived, he was soon switched to cb and remained there. he signed and leipzig agreed to let him stay in zagreb for a year, in that year dinamo switched him
to lb cause it suited their plans, he was about to leave anyway. leipzig bought a cb.

you’re right, he played lb for croatia on saturday and said it’s completely different to city.

he was already a magnificent cb for someone so so young. if pep leaves him at lb, that will be 2 whole seasons without playing as cb, and pep possibly leaving.

and i’m sure you’ll remember, every time someone was faster it was endless crap, too slow, useless, bla bla bla. best young cb in the world to that? meh.

now we’re going to euros with the back four who never played together. let’s say de la fuente starts yamal on saturday and yamal “cooks” him, endless sea of shit again. i literally still cannot believe that he’s not our cb for germany.

i don’t think he was joking about wanting to be a striker btw. he was good too, they only moved cause he was the best at defending.
I know he only played LB sporadically in the past. I was more saying the podcast folks said their contacts at RBL said he hadnt liked playing LB (I interpreted that to mean the few times he’d played there in the distant past, not the past year at City). But maybe a City LB is different enough he doesn’t mind it as much…especially since it’s Pep.

I know he only played LB sporadically in the past. I was more saying the podcast folks said their contacts at RBL said he hadnt liked playing LB (I interpreted that to mean the few times he’d played there in the distant past, not the past year at City). But maybe a City LB is different enough he doesn’t mind it as much…especially since it’s Pep.
yeah i understood it like that. sure, maybe he doesn’t mind it. i only missed one podcast so far but he was the only one who never had a disagreement with a coach. he’ll play as gk if necessary, without moaning.

and btw barcelona fans are having a let’s shit on gvardiol event on twitter.

C7E1C6AD-BDC2-46B3-B612-031D7CBEE7B9.jpeg

can i get odds for top scorer in the tournament. if he hits another streak and gets 5 goals it could happen. kid nearly got hatrick the other week

yeah i understood it like that. sure, maybe he doesn’t mind it. i only missed one podcast so far but he was the only one who never had a disagreement with a coach. he’ll play as gk if necessary, without moaning.

and btw barcelona fans are having a let’s shit on gvardiol event on twitter.

View attachment 122133

What are their fans saying about him on Twitter?

Same as utd fans. Flop, messi woman....

Well he had a great first season for us and I think Croatia are going to go far in this tournament. Like usual no one is really talking about them. I never see Croatia mentioned as one of the favourites or as "dark horses" whatever that means. Considering Croatia have been in a World Cup final and semi final, they've got every chance of winning the Euro's if they get a favourable draw. I see them progressing from the group even if it's a challenge and the win over Portugal was a strong message.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.