24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Josko did great defensively again tonight did his best

It is Pep's problem he did not really make clear which defender to step up and which to cover with Akanji in the middle. When KDB switched to left side the players also unclear about how to share the defensive duties.

Plus old school problem the only tiny thing I hope he may improve in the future - please pass the ball to your wide man quicker before full back jumps on him. Several occasions Josko could put the ball to Grealish or Doku quicker. But how can I ask more. Young lad has done his part. Much more than some senior players.

the rare defender who doesnt look like one going forward, not sure why play akanji in the roaming cb role when gvardiol is so much better on the ball

I will hold my hands up and admit I’ve slagged this fella off a lot this season - happy to admit I’m a **** as since returning from injury he’s looked mustard. Another solid performance again tonight.

both Real games Grealish gave the width on left this helped Gvardiol to take the LCB role rather than tht crazy puhed up LB role with no winger front of him and he was giving the width.

this LCB role is much better for him, than the almost attacking wingback role. due to our dominance he can still find himself in attacking positions but not as close to the byline much closer front of the corner of the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.