24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2024/25

I don’t think he looked rusty as much as a bit rash on some of his positioning. But I think that’s to be expected when you have a defense that hasn’t played together with a few playing out of position. Comments that he can’t play CB also seem a bit rash.

He was important in both goals - the through ball on the first and won the header that Kova took off with.

22, my word, he’s a flying lady and then some

His football iq is already proficient and will improve; for me, he’ll be the player pep envisaged in stones, who has been no slouch in pockets; this guy is mustard (:

Some of his defensive decisions are questionable let's put it this way.

Maybe frequent position switches between CB and FB at club and national team cause it.

But it really needs some improvement asap.

Last edited:
He was really poor. His decision-making on the ball and defensive actions off it were all over the place.

In my opinion, Ake should be starting at LB versus Chelsea.

Thought he and Nunes were both at fault for the first goal. Still, there's just so much talent there. He'll be fine.

I feel he is worth a goal against us in almost every game he plays. He has so many qualities, really. But it is impossible that we almost always concede from his side. If he doesn't improve it I prefer the steady Ake there

I feel he is worth a goal against us in almost every game he plays. He has so many qualities, really. But it is impossible that we almost always concede from his side. If he doesn't improve it I prefer the steady Ake there
Disagree with this. Today he was exposed by the lack of Rodri and having Nunes and Savinho ahead of him. They obviously haven’t played much in tandem together.

We don’t expect our midfielders to lose the ball, so Gvardiol was bombing on to attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.