24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2024/25

The positioning was off for all the defenders today and their defensive stats were all similar yet,per usual, he gets all the crap. Reading the match day thread you’d assume he never completed a pass.

As others have said, given a less experienced midfield, I think the performance of the defenders was fine. Not nearly as dire as people make it out to be. They’re just as affected as Haaland by instability in the middle.

Some proper fuck nugget comments in here. Gvardiol is mint and was more than fine today.

He's asked to push on when we have the ball, If a player then loses the ball in an area they are expected to keep it after he's pushed on, he's naturally going to be out of position defensively, that isnt his error.

I swear the same people moaning about that would also moan about him not getting up to support the attack if he stayed behind the ball permanently. Pep very clearly asks him to do what he's doing.

new season, same shit here. thank fuck there’s still time for txiki to sell him…

@Jonas.shaffer - you only say good things about your personal favorites.

@applejuice - juat that? no new conspiracy theories?

new season, same shit here. thank fuck there’s still time for txiki to sell him…

@Jonas.shaffer - you only say good things about your personal favorites.

@applejuice - juat that? no new conspiracy theories?
?

I love Gvardiol, but he's objectively been miles off it in the three pre-season games he's been involved in thus far.

?

I love Gvardiol, but he's objectively been miles off it in the three pre-season games he's been involved in thus far.
your body of work speaks for itself. you’re incessantly shitting on players unless it’s one of your favorites, then you’re full of mercy, understanding, and if necessary, excuses.

it’s pre-season for some players only innit…

?

I just find it funny you keep saying you “love” him. You like every single post that says he’s shit (I know this sounds like I’m a creeper, I just tend to notice your posts since I know someone with you name). Objectively, plenty of other people on here think he’s been fine. Dias and Akanji were not in prime form either today, yet they get motm plaudits and not a peep in their forums. It always feels like peoples opinions on defenders have more to do with their personal preferences than the performance or, often, the data. I’m sure I seen judgey about it, but it’s more a curiosity about how people judge players.

I just find it funny you keep saying you “love” him. You like every single post that says he’s shit (I know this sounds like I’m a creeper, I just tend to notice your posts since I know someone with you name). Objectively, plenty of other people on here think he’s been fine. Dias and Akanji were not in prime form either today, yet they get motm plaudits and not a peep in their forums. It always feels like peoples opinions on defenders have more to do with their personal preferences than the performance or, often, the data. I’m sure I seen judgey about it, but it’s more a curiosity about how people judge players.
if he loves gvardiol i’m zagreb’s number 17 tram and this is my latest passport photo:

7C64667B-8B0D-41DE-88B7-9D7995E7904E.jpeg

I specifically called out Dias and Akanji for being poor in the post-match thread as well. And I can love a player's game and also admit he's had a crap pre-season, which he has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.