25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperiously brilliant. Again. Pocketed Saka completely and even showed glimpses of attacking intent too. Really, really reliable.

He's played well from day 1. I have no idea why he became the forum whipping boy for a few weeks. He's taken it up to another level recently but it was clear as day from his first game that Pep loves him and he fits this side like a glove.

That was seriously impressive, it cannot be understated how difficult it is to play on the opposite side as a defender and he's just caged saka like it was nothing. Getting better and better and cutting out the few glaring weaknesses he was starting to show a few months ago. Another who we need to remember isn't 12 months in yet. £15 million when nobody else fancied him. What an amazing piece of business.

When we signed him he was at his lowest ebb and unable to get in the Dortmund side and i couldnt see the sense in the deal , bloody hell was i wrong , he improves with every game and he intimidates opposing players with his strength and power , could not see what Pep saw in him at first , but its clear as day now ,a great defender.

Fantastic work tonight. I see why Pep chose him in that position over Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.