25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead calm, looks strong and quick. A few needless hoofed balls to nobody which Dias was also guilty of, but other than that he’s had a good start.

Not been tested yet though.

Him and Dias are formidable. I thought Dias was very good today but Akanji was probably even better.

I’m resisting the Komparisons, especially after a handful of games; but I’m genuinely excited about Akanji. He’s got an assertive, firm, physical style, good timing and eye for a pass. I thought Haaland, Alvarez were ones to watch but he’s someone I’ll really keep an eye on. A steal for £15m.

Easy day for him but he did everything asked of him to perfection, some superb balls through the lines and did it with tempo too. Quick on the cover which is nice to have, especially when walker isn't playing, anticipates danger well, goes in for a few challenges that are all or nothing, won them all today so it wasn't an issue but its dangerous, like to see him improve there and not commit. Looks a real bargain and I'm convinced he would make a better emergency right back than Stones. Already no worries about him lining up against any side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.