25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know such things exist, scapegoats etc, but he is playing very poorly, so should it never be mentioned? What are we scapegoating? You're comment doesn't really make sense
I am not seeing him "playing very poorly", but we'll have to disagree on that

Is not doing anywhere near enough at the minute, poor defending for the first. He is 4th choice at best and shouldn't be playing anywhere near as much as he is.

What happened to this guy? He came in as the answer and now keeps raising questions.

Wrong position?
Let's be honest, we are so rarely put under pressure that any fairly tidy defender looks good (even Garcia looked good in plenty of games). But when our backs against the walls, that's when the likes of Dias and Stones show their worth. Not that he's terrible, but he's a decent defender rather than a world class one.

He's not crap. He is our 4th/5th choice as a CB. It just happens that almost the entire season 2 out of Laporte, Stones and Dias are always injured and Ake is our LB option. Now that Dias is easily being brought back into our starting team, I expect Akanji to play less often.

Dias coming back shows just how the level has dropped with him out injured

Akanji is doing a job but just doesn't bring the level of quality we need, but is a decent enough option as 3rd or 4th choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.