25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

Best game in a long time.

He took a very good shot that troubled Flekken and the press had to respect him which opened up passing lanes.

Pretty good defensively and keeping the ball moving. MOTM performance!

As a fullback he is really good. Good passing, very quick. The only thing he lacks is physicality and some agressivenes. If he had those he would be one of the best CB in the world for sure. Great match today.
His biggest weakness is how poor he is in the air. It’s not so much an issue at full back.

Our most underrated player by a mile. I really hope he plays right-back until we play Arsenal, and he switches back to LB to pocket Saka.

Quality tonight, really surprised he got given motm, not because he didn't deserve it. I said to the guy next to me a few minutes before it was announced he's my motm just not the type of performance that gets recognition more often than not.

Much, much better when he's playing more to his strengths, even if it's in a slightly unfamiliar position. If we can get Gvardiol back and finally have a fully fit defensive unit, I think we will be seeing him playing right back fairly often if walker doesn't pick up some form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.