25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more so in that — I would think — psychologically it's very important to put the first one away. You miss the first one, you'd think it would shake up the others stepping up after you a bit.

Absolutely, it has to. It's added even more pressure because you're trailing.

They must've tried them in training in preparation of a potential shootout and he's been good, but that's training.

If Switzerland were awarded a penalty last night during the game, do you think Akanji would've taken it? I think absolutely not. Whoever would've taken it, that's the man that should've gone first.

He's had a fine tournament, played really well.
You could see his arse went when waiting for Pickford, obvious he was going to miss.

Quality performance, very assured and dictated play from the back. Hopefully he can have a big season for us

Couldn't care less about the penalty miss he won't be taking many/any for us and I think anyone with the balls to step up and take a pen in a shootout deserves credit

Absolutely, it has to. It's added even more pressure because you're trailing.

They must've tried them in training in preparation of a potential shootout and he's been good, but that's training.

If Switzerland were awarded a penalty last night during the game, do you think Akanji would've taken it? I think absolutely not. Whoever would've taken it, that's the man that should've gone first.
Shaqiri, in the penalties though.

Made the team of the tournament, deservedly so. Happy for him.

Akanji was probably Pep's most trusted defender in the final months of last season. Tells you everything you need to know in case you wonder how good he is.

Pep made a mistake to drop him vs United at Wembley. He did it to make happy other players, they didn't justify their starting place in that game, though.

Glad he made the team of the Tournament. Our second best performer after Rodri. He’s been a great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.