25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

there is a reason England didnt start with Stones for the pens. not sure why Swiss team did with Akanji.
Palmer, Toney, Saka are their clubs penalty takers and have a very impressive rrcord
Bellingham and Arnold have also taken them.
Xhaquiri is only Swiss player who has taken a good share of penalties, Xhaka occasionally.

Been great for the Swiss. Top player.

Shocker of a penalty but it can happen to the best of 'em. I guess he must have shown he's a good penalty taker to be up first but I personally wouldn't be sending a defender up to take the first penalty, especially when you have someone like Shaquri there that would probably stick it away and build from there
Bizarre decision I thought and the outcome fairly predictable. Won't he taking any for us next season thats for sure. Pity for the guy because from the little I have seen he seemed to have a solid tournament.

Been great for the Swiss. Top player.

Shocker of a penalty but it can happen to the best of 'em. I guess he must have shown he's a good penalty taker to be up first but I personally wouldn't be sending a defender up to take the first penalty, especially when you have someone like Shaquri there that would probably stick it away and build from there

The more so in that — I would think — psychologically it's very important to put the first one away. You miss the first one, you'd think it would shake up the others stepping up after you a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.