#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he went in January back to Leicester I think they could win the league, coz he doesn't seem to fit in here as much as our style doesn't seem to fit him.
Perhaps we should loan him to them for 6months. Just so the Scousers don't win. His style definitely suits their counter attacking style more than ours.

Perhaps we should loan him to them for 6months. Just so the Scousers don't win. His style definitely suits their counter attacking style more than ours.
Haha I agree, thing is I don't think he's a bad player ,maybe he has a problem with just counter attacking ( because at Leicester that's when he was deadly ) At city we seem to want a hell of a lot more out of him.

The problem with mahrez is that he will have one game and then that's it. He will be average for the next 2-3 games then once more turn up.

He fails to consistently hit what is required for a team that is challenging for silverware every season, and that is something we should not be happy with.

There is no shame on Mahrez in my eyes because of this, he just isn't consistently good enough for what we want to achieve

we played much better when he came in on Sunday.

He also did something that I've been crying out for him to do which is make a far post run, like Sterling used to on the right, and he came so close to scoring.

He needs to make that run 15 times a game, and he'll be undroppable.

The problem with mahrez is that he will have one game and then that's it. He will be average for the next 2-3 games then once more turn up.

He fails to consistently hit what is required for a team that is challenging for silverware every season, and that is something we should not be happy with.

There is no shame on Mahrez in my eyes because of this, he just isn't consistently good enough for what we want to achieve

At the moment, you could say that about a number of the team - no-one (bar maybe Fernandinho, is playing consistently well) It could be down to the constant rotation, but I for one would let Mahrez have a run in the team for a few games - he is a genuine goal threat

At the moment, you could say that about a number of the team - no-one (bar maybe Fernandinho, is playing consistently well) It could be down to the constant rotation, but I for one would let Mahrez have a run in the team for a few games - he is a genuine goal threat

he can be a goal threat but consistently at the level we need, I am not so sure. I think in a Leicester team he was stand out, it just isn't quite the heights I was hoping for so far since arriving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.