26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only lad who played a great game tonight

I couldn't disagree more, I thought he was our most detrimental player and should've been hooked for someone who would try and help the team rather than constantly think about scoring himself.

Riyad has shed most of his selfish habits but they were on full display again tonight. Hopefully a one-off.

That one shit free kick he scored last season means we’re never going to get him off them. Foden should be taking any free kicks from that side

Surprised he didnt come off. Wasteful.
Dunno he at least tried to make things happen and put a couple of great balls through for Kev and dangerous crosses. Not saying he was good by any stretch but the right man got hooked. Grealish offered absolutely fuck all not even a hint of a threat from him all night.

I couldn't disagree more, I thought he was our most detrimental player and should've been hooked for someone who would try and help the team rather than constantly think about scoring himself.

Riyad has shed most of his selfish habits but they were on full display again tonight. Hopefully a one-off.

Ok so you’re saying that Grealish, Sterling and KDB were better ? Seriously ? Did you watch the game with your eyes closed and your ears shut ?

Ok so you’re saying that Grealish, Sterling and KDB were better ? Seriously ? Did you watch the game with your eyes closed and your ears shut ?

Yeah I am because they gave a fuck about the team. Mahrez didn't tonight. Every attack it became the Riyad Mahrez show and almost every time he just went for an embarrassingly bad shot or gave it away because he tried to dribble through their whole defence again and again.

I can forgive players having an off day but Mahrez was the only one who didn't play for the team.

I don’t think any other player had the ball in as many dangerous positions as Mahrez tonight and he did the grand sum of fuck all. The number of times he was in a 1v1 with his full back and produced nothing is unforgivable.

He had a good 2nd half to last season, other than that his time at City has been a disaster. He plays for himself and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Get the ball, cut onto left foot, lose the ball.

Repeat.

Occasionally add in a cut onto right foot before left foot, for good measure.

Selfish and wasteful.

Against a LB that was clearly out of his depth. Thought he was going to be mint after the end to last season and preseason but I think we’ve seen the best of him. Would much prefer Jesus over him on the Rw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.