26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was off yesterday. Something not quite right. Lacked intensity and drive and also left his shooting boots at home.

Kev and Raz were also off it and Foden looked flat too so its not all on Riyad.

I think he was out best attacker last season so I'm definitely not writing him off so quickly.

Not for me......Get him sold,and allow his place to be allocated to Palmer or another of our EDS.
Agree with this. Said we should (probably no takers) have sold him last season in the back of a 3-month purple patch where he would have had some currency. Quite limited in the positions he can play and his work rate is below par for the way we like to play. A luxury and unnecessary signing.

Always the same with mahrez (and tbf most players) he needs a good run in the team before we start seeing his best. When he is not a starter each week his performances always suffer. He is very much a player who needs to be loved and right now Jesus has earned his place on the right. I expect mahrez to still contribute a lot this season and win his place back

As for the usual suspects slagging him off after a slow start to the season. just piss off seriously. He has been one of our best players for over 18 months with him last season scoring many important goals. It’s obvious some just don’t like him for whatever reason.

Not for me......Get him sold,and allow his place to be allocated to Palmer or another of our EDS.
Fancy a charity bet mahrez will score and assist more than your love grealish this season? Whatever you think if mahrez he is a match winner and contributes a lot more goals than grealish ever has in his career thus far.

Think he's one of those players who needs to play every game to achieve some form but then struggles to maintain that form especially in big matches. For me he needed a Vardy type target to hit and we don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.