26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was off yesterday. Something not quite right. Lacked intensity and drive and also left his shooting boots at home.

Kev and Raz were also off it and Foden looked flat too so its not all on Riyad.

I think he was out best attacker last season so I'm definitely not writing him off so quickly.
Never seen a shot so high from 10 yards out, wank and unprofessional concentration from him today, FFS is back!

I don't think he's finished, I hope he just needs some games to get back in it. Hope Pep gives him a few more games against the not so strong opponents, I think a few more games might actually help him instead of keeping him on the bench that couls potentially ruin him for the whole season.

Always the same with mahrez (and tbf most players) he needs a good run in the team before we start seeing his best. When he is not a starter each week his performances always suffer. He is very much a player who needs to be loved and right now Jesus has earned his place on the right. I expect mahrez to still contribute a lot this season and win his place back

As for the usual suspects slagging him off after a slow start to the season. just piss off seriously. He has been one of our best players for over 18 months with him last season scoring many important goals. It’s obvious some just don’t like him for whatever reason.

Mahrez scored in just 6 league games last season, and arguably only the goal against Everton that put us 2-1 up was an important one. Scoring a poor free-kick that 9 times out of 10 hits the wall and a tap in against PSG seem to have convinced half of our fan base that he had a great season.

Since he joined us he’s scored 1 league goal against Chelsea and none against either Liverpool or Utd. In fact, he’s only ever scored 5 league goals against top 10 teams! (Spurs in 18/19, Leicester, Everton and Chelsea in 19/20, Leicester in 20/21)

Mahrez scored in just 6 league games last season, and arguably only the goal against Everton that put us 2-1 up was an important one. Scoring a poor free-kick that 9 times out of 10 hits the wall and a tap in against PSG seem to have convinced half of our fan base that he had a great season.

Since he joined us he’s scored 1 league goal against Chelsea and none against either Liverpool or Utd. In fact, he’s only ever scored 5 league goals against top 10 teams! (Spurs in 18/19, Leicester, Everton and Chelsea in 19/20, Leicester in 20/21)
Without him last season we wouldn't have qualified past PSG in the semis, you're only looking at his goal tally like he's a CF

Without him last season we wouldn't have qualified past PSG in the semis, you're only looking at his goal tally like he's a CF

I’m looking at his goal tally like he’s a £60 million attacker who shoots all the time and plays for the most attacking team in the league. And we might have beat PSG 8-0 on aggregate if he didn’t play as the games would have been completely different, it’s absolutely impossible to quantify.

I’m looking at his goal tally like he’s a £60 million attacker who shoots all the time and plays for the most attacking team in the league. And we might have beat PSG 8-0 on aggregate if he didn’t play as the games would have been completely different, it’s absolutely impossible to quantify.
it's fair to criticise his league output, but also only fair to give him credit for his CL contributions last season.

Needs to step up and be more consistent. If he isn't even bagging against the Burnley's anymore then he quickly becomes baggage.

"we might have beat Psg 8-0 without him" is a biased argument, the only facts we have is that he played and had an impact on the result. You want us to deny that because you don't like the lad and because we paid a lot of money for him.

it's fair to criticise his league output, but also only fair to give him credit for his CL contributions last season.

Needs to step up and be more consistent. If he isn't even bagging against the Burnley's anymore then he quickly becomes baggage.

It was about time he did something in the CL as prior to the Dortmund game he’d scored 2 goals in 2 and half seasons!

And I’d argue he’s never been particularly consistent. Last season he scored in his first league game against Leicester, didn’t score again for two months (the hat-trick against Burnley) and then didn’t score after that for another two months. The last time he scored in two league games in a row was September 2019.

It was about time he did something in the CL as prior to the Dortmund game he’d scored 2 goals in 2 and half seasons!

And I’d argue he’s never been particularly consistent. Last season he scored in his first league game against Leicester, didn’t score again for two months (the hat-trick against Burnley) and then didn’t score after that for another two months. The last time he scored in two league games in a row was September 2019.
I agree he needs to knuckle down and be more consistent or we need to start blooding Palmer. That said, he stood up when it counted more than others last season in the CL and I'll give him credit for that. He needs to buck up though.

I agree he needs to knuckle down and be more consistent or we need to start blooding Palmer. That said, he stood up when it counted more than others last season in the CL and I'll give him credit for that. He needs to buck up though.

I’d love it if he became more consistent, I have no personal vendetta against him. But he’s nearly 31 and has been here almost 3 and a half years so I just don’t see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.