26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez is the absolute master of cheap goals. Honestly I can't remember off the top of my head but I already know most of his goals were when we were leading by 3+ goals in the thrashing of Wycombe, Leipzig, Bruge and Arsenal.

Over his entire City career I reckon 60% of his goals are in those situations.

He comes alive when the game is dead.
Aside from Foden who do you think can do anything noteworthy to win as anything substantial this season. Are you still hoping for Grealish to come around this season, KDB to miraculously find form or Sterling to rise from the dead. Mahrez has been one of our most prolific goal scoring threat this year. And even when he's barely featured this season he's still made a good account of himself and that's good to see. I fail to see where all this dissatisfaction is coming from.

Aside from Foden who do you think can do anything noteworthy to win as anything substantial this season. Are you still hoping for Grealish to come around this season, KDB to miraculously find form or Sterling to rise from the dead. Mahrez has been one of our most prolific goal scoring threat this year. And even when he's barely featured this season he's still made a good account of himself and that's good to see. I fail to see where all this dissatisfaction is coming from.
I tend to agree.

Of all the players out of form, I find myself worrying less about Mahrez coming good vs the likes of KDB, Gundo, Raz, etc.

Not for me,he lacks substance.

More often than not makes the wrong decision,plays for himself,and shies away from the rough stuff.

I’d say he’s had a slow start but for some reason the ball is forced down the left hand side which forces Mahrez to move central to see the ball and Bernardo to have 3 lungs covering all the space. He rarely sees the ball and more then once Walker was screaming for the team to switch the play.

I get pep wants grealish to really get touches in and get some confidence going but either play the guy in midfield or don’t play him. Really the starting line up should be Jesus foden Mahrez interchanging until some goals can start coming

Decent second half? What kind of drivel is that. If not for him and Gundogan you think we'd see the shadow of that League trophy and feature in the CL final. Apparently this year this team is also the same, waiting for Mahrez and Gundogan to do something special again.
I am not having he did anything special in the Prem.

Mahrez scored and assisted in the 5-2 defeat to Leicester, then went 5 games with 0 G/As. Scored 3 against Burnley, then played 6 games with 0 G/As in addition to 3 games on the bench. Scored 1 and made 1 in the 5-0 at WBA and then went 3 more games 0 G/As. He then had his "purple patch" of 4 G and 2 A in a 6 game period. He then spent 5 of the last 9 Prem games on the bench. The idea that he was one of the main reasons we won the Prem is ridiculous.

As I said, he played a big part in us getting to the CL final. Although I reckon peoples view of his "excellent" CL campaign are skewed by the SF against a PSG side who I maintain are no bloody good. The guy hadn't registered a single goal in the competition until the 2nd leg of the QF.

I really don't care that he's our most prolific scorer because like I said, all but 2 of his goals this season are when we are already leading by 2 goals. They're nothing goals. Decoration.

And even when he does pop up woth an important goal like last night, its offset by an otherwise tepid performance.

Don't have much to add about his performances, but I'm starting to think this is his last season for us. I think we could recoup a decent fee if we sell him in the summer and I can't see us extending his contract.

Not sure if already mentioned on here

but mahrez has now got 8 champions league goals in his last 8 games.
He’s a goal machine. So underrated mahrez

Mahrez threads are definitely the most interesting to read. Half the people posting think he's the secret to our success and the other half think he's an absolute chancer.

A real Marmite player it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.