26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's our top scorer this season by three clear goals.

Still not good enough mate for some. He is one of our only players who has a true goal threat and is capable of producing something out of nothing not to mention he is seemingly our first choice penalty taker these days . He should start most games imo and if he did he would be just as good as last year. Top player absolutely love watching him play

Mahrez is the absolute master of cheap goals. Honestly I can't remember off the top of my head but I already know most of his goals were when we were leading by 3+ goals in the thrashing of Wycombe, Leipzig, Bruge and Arsenal.

Over his entire City career I reckon 60% of his goals are in those situations.

He comes alive when the game is dead.

Mahrez is the absolute master of cheap goals. Honestly I can't remember off the top of my head but I already know most of his goals were when we were leading by 3+ goals in the thrashing of Wycombe, Leipzig, Bruge and Arsenal.

Unfair. Without Mahrez we wouldn't have qualified from the semis in the Champions League last season. He was influential , without a doubt, against PSG!
The problem is that since then he has been average at best. He needs to step it up again, I know he has it in him !

Unfair. Without Mahrez we wouldn't have qualified from the semis in the Champions League last season. He was influential , without a doubt, against PSG!
The problem is that since then he has been average at best. He needs to step it up again, I know he has it in him !

Unbelievable isn't it?

The guy literally scored three of the four goals across two legs to send us to our first ever Champions League final less than 6 months ago.

He's our top scorer this season by three clear goals.
thats not saying much none of our players are really scoring a lot. For the way he plays he needs to be aiming for 20 league goals and 30 in all comps or close to those numbers.

Still not good enough mate for some. He is one of our only players who has a true goal threat and is capable of producing something out of nothing not to mention he is seemingly our first choice penalty taker these days . He should start most games imo and if he did he would be just as good as last year. Top player absolutely love watching him play
Surely sterling is more of a goal threat, despite how bad he was last season he still outscored him?

My impression too. People can come up with notable exceptions, like PSG, but exceptions prove the rule. The guy is rarely a game changer and is always just as likely to disappear than pull up trees.

And that’s why so many see him as expendable.

My impression too. People can come up with notable exceptions, like PSG, but exceptions prove the rule. The guy is rarely a game changer and is always just as likely to disappear than pull up trees.
And that’s why so many see him as expendable.
He plays the same every game. Invisible for the majority of it and then he either takes his one or two chances or he doesn’t.

He’s a MOTD player and many fans (myself included) fell into the trap of thinking him being heavily involved in 5 mins worth of highlights for Leicester meant he was perfect for us.

For most of the time here he has been shite. He had a decent 2nd half to last season and in fairness played a major role in us getting to the CL final. That being said, he has been a major disappointment overall. I don’t rate him and would happily see him leave at the next available opportunity.

Tonight it was mahrez but this applies to jesus too or whoever is on the right hand side, have to feel sorry for them at times because we are so skewed to the left hand side as a team, I'd say at a guess 70-80% of our attacks are down the left regardless of who is playing. With walker tucking in as insurance at the back more often than not, it shifts everything over to the left, the only time it even starts to get near evening itself out is if we play cancelo at right back and don't ask him to move into midfield which is almost never. Then factor in we are far more direct when we do go down the right hand side and whoever plays there must feel like they never see the ball.

Anyway, quiet game largely for that reason but got another crucial goal to make sure he can't be ignored. The battle between jesus and mahrez for a spot on the right is currently the most hotly contested position and the only one where you can make 2 positive cases

He plays the same every game. Invisible for the majority of it and then he either takes his one or two chances or he doesn’t.

He’s a MOTD player and many fans (myself included) fell into the trap of thinking him being heavily involved in 5 mins worth of highlights for Leicester meant he was perfect for us.

For most of the time here he has been shite. He had a decent 2nd half to last season and in fairness played a major role in us getting to the CL final. That being said, he has been a major disappointment overall. I don’t rate him and would happily see him leave at the next available opportunity.
Decent second half? What kind of drivel is that. If not for him and Gundogan you think we'd see the shadow of that League trophy and feature in the CL final. Apparently this year this team is also the same, waiting for Mahrez and Gundogan to do something special again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.