26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is you just don't like him. Don't pretend otherwise.
You're wrong.. I've no reason to dislike him, I just don't think he's as good as many seem to think. Add to that his age and increasingly ineffective / in and out performances, I don't see him being at City next season. That being the case, his excellent performance last night would do his chances of a move to PSG a world of good.

Now stop playing at being a smart arse and get back to your forge.

It makes sense as to why it happens, but it's always fascinated me how much more potent Mahrez looks in the CL than in domestic competitions.

As an aside, he does seem to be working harder lately.

His next contract is almost certainly his last and I can't see City keeping him on... A move back to France with cash rich PSG would be perfect for him.

Its a good situation to be in for both parties IMO.

He is under contract with us for another two years until he’s 32. Either we give him another two year contact until he is 34 which for me depends on how he does on his remaining contract or we let him run it out and he gets a bumper three year contract elsewhere as a free transfer. Win win all round.

Both parties should speak in January 2023. I see no reason to “cash in” on him, we would be weaker without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.